Lifestyle changes

On the other side, I have developed a compulsive obsession for eating apples. I have never been a fan of them, but they are available at work and by some weird reason I always take regardless of whether they are red or green. Twice a day, to be precise. Is this normal? :hyper:

They do say 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. I knew someone who gave up smoking by substituting apples. He ate up to five apples a day. He cut them in pieces and squeezed over lemon juice to stop them going brown (makes them taste good too) and ate a piece every time he had the urge for a cigarette.

Made it to 5216 steps today, and managed to stay between 4000 and 5000 steps the past two days so my movement is getting back to normal levels again. Now I am aiming to get to between 5000 and 7000 as a baseline for the coming months. All until I reach those 10.000 steps a day.

As for my weight loss process: I've decided to keep a food journal so I can see which foods provide satiety for me and which do not, so I can lose weight easier eventually by eating only foods that satisfy me.

It's been already over two weeks since I set up my goal of cutting down in chocolate and can say I am managing very well.

I just had it once at work. We discharged a really loved patient and his son brought over a box of little ones. This happened last Wednesday and was the only day I ate chocolate at work. At home I am even more strict as I only eat the square I put into my porridge bowl-and it's 85 per cent Cocoa so even better.

On the other side, I have developed a compulsive obsession for eating apples. I have never been a fan of them, but they are available at work and by some weird reason I always take regardless of whether they are red or green. Twice a day, to be precise. Is this normal? :hyper:

There is evidence that this is working so far. I am feeling lighter and seeing myself leaner in the mirror. What's more, yesterday I put a shorts on and they are slightly looser compared to last summer.

As I said, it was all a matter of will in my case because I can always choose to eat or not to eat something. I know for some people might not be as easy.

I will try to secure this trend and make more changes over the next couple of weeks. Now that my partner has received the first COVID jab I can come back to play football/soccer with my mates. I haven't done it since before National Lockdown 1 and can't wait no more.
Well done, congratulations! :sun:

It's been already over two weeks since I set up my goal of cutting down in chocolate and can say I am managing very well.

I just had it once at work. We discharged a really loved patient and his son brought over a box of little ones. This happened last Wednesday and was the only day I ate chocolate at work. At home I am even more strict as I only eat the square I put into my porridge bowl-and it's 85 per cent Cocoa so even better.

There is evidence that this is working so far. I am feeling lighter and seeing myself leaner in the mirror. What's more, yesterday I put a shorts on and they are slightly looser compared to last summer.

As I said, it was all a matter of will in my case because I can always choose to eat or not to eat something. I know for some people might not be as easy.

I will try to secure this trend and make more changes over the next couple of weeks. Now that my partner has received the first COVID jab I can come back to play football/soccer with my mates. I haven't done it since before National Lockdown 1 and can't wait no more.
It sounds like you are doing great. I read an article and your post reminded me of it.

Apple Picking for Better Sleep | Tuft & Needle.

Keep it up. We're all rooting for you to reach your goals!

Made it to 5216 steps today, and managed to stay between 4000 and 5000 steps the past two days so my movement is getting back to normal levels again. Now I am aiming to get to between 5000 and 7000 as a baseline for the coming months. All until I reach those 10.000 steps a day.

As for my weight loss process: I've decided to keep a food journal so I can see which foods provide satiety for me and which do not, so I can lose weight easier eventually by eating only foods that satisfy me.
Great! And, a food journal is so helpful in ruling out the culprits. I used FitDay: Free Diet & Weight Loss Journal when I was pregnant each time because it shows you the breakdown of essential vitamins and minerals once you put in your meals. Back then, you could post a journal and make it open for others to see but you could keep it private. I don't know what they offer now since I haven't done it in years.

Keep up the good work! :)

mjd :hug:

mjd PM'd me and asked that I let everyone know she's in the ER (chest pains), but that she's doing ok and will be back online as soon as she's feeling better.

Take care, MJ, get better! :hug:

Wow, sorry to hear this, get well soon and take it easy.

Russ

Hope all is OK mjd. :hug:

Thank you my dear friends. I'm home, just really wiped out. I'll post an update after I rest a bit. :love:

Hi, my dear CB family, Still not okay, but I'll keep fighting through it until I am. I just wanted you all to know that I'm alive and appreciate all of you so much. Thank you for your posts and pms. :love:
You're back home, right?

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom