Lifestyle changes

Hi everybody. I've turned the corner. Still feeling exhausted but I think the worst of it is over. I missed all of you. I will respond soon to those of you that sent pms. ;-)

How is everybody doing?
So great to hear! Welcome back :hug:

I'm okay-ish, had the second Pfizer dose on thursday and have had awful muscle cramps all over for 30 hours, plus a mild fever last night. The fever is gone and the cramps are mostly gone too now, but I've already had a very bad week sleep wise so I'm pretty exhausted all the time right now.

Planning on a walk again tomorrow, I skipped yesterday and today due to the vaccines symptoms.

I seem to have lost weight so I'm feeling much more lively. I know I've lost weight because I can get into shorts and skirts that I couldn't get into 5 months ago. Not sure how its happened although I am ultra careful with how many calories I'm eating. Maybe its simply stress!
I am so sorry you are under so much stress, Morning Glory. I would be there to help you if I could. Are you doing mindful self-care? It is so hard when the whole world is in chaos with this pandemic. That's the bear trap I got myself in - spent way too many decades taking care of everybody else.

What kinds of things do you like to do that help you feel better?

What can I do to help support you during this time? Please don't ever hesitate to ask or send me a pm or smoke signals (smile).

So great to hear! Welcome back :hug:

I'm okay-ish, had the second Pfizer dose on thursday and have had awful muscle cramps all over for 30 hours, plus a mild fever last night. The fever is gone and the cramps are mostly gone too now, but I've already had a very bad week sleep wise so I'm pretty exhausted all the time right now.

Planning on a walk again tomorrow, I skipped yesterday and today due to the vaccines symptoms.
Thank you! I missed all of you sooooo much. :hug:

Oh, no! I've heard that 2nd shot is torture for many people. My caregiver rarely calls off work but she had to. She even scheduled her jabs for Fridays so she could have the weekend to bounce back. She missed that following Monday. I'm glad your temperature is okay. That means your body is doing what it's supposed to do.

You know that I believe in moderate change because we are more easily adaptable to them for the long haul. It sounds like you're doing a great job at listening to your body and adjusting your plans accordingly. I need to work on that or I'll end up back in the ER. Yikes! ;-)

Doing okay. I woke up 8 times last night but forced myself to stay in bed to just rest even if I couldn't sleep. My doctor added another blood pressure medication after my incident last week. I have a cuff and will get better about checking it before things go off the rails again. I'm holding off on the exercising until I get my strength back.

How is everybody doing?

Thank you! I missed all of you sooooo much. :hug:

You know that I believe in moderate change because we are more easily adaptable to them for the long haul. It sounds like you're doing a great job at listening to your body and adjusting your plans accordingly. I need to work on that or I'll end up back in the ER. Yikes! ;-)
:hug:welcome back, we missed you.

I ended up in the ER too many times already, though I suppose you did too. It forced me to respect my bodies boundaries, but even then I sometimes land in the ER. The last time was only december last year after all. It just happens sometimes unfortunately, when you are chronically ill. Don't beat yourself up, be gentle with yourself.

Reactions: mjd
I walked exactly 5000 steps today according to my app. We went out for a little shopping, and some divine sushi. Starting fresh on my new diet scheme tomorrow.

Feeling OK otherwise, just still short on sleep.

:hug:welcome back, we missed you.

I ended up in the ER too many times already, though I suppose you did too. It forced me to respect my bodies boundaries, but even then I sometimes land in the ER. The last time was only december last year after all. It just happens sometimes unfortunately, when you are chronically ill. Don't beat yourself up, be gentle with yourself.
Hi sweetheart! :hug:

Yes! I've spent way too much time and energy on people (my family and so-called friends) that didn't deserve my loyalty and now my body is paying for it. I have to learn how to slow down and respect the signals my body is giving me. Thank you for the reminder.

How are you doing today?

Doing okay. Didn't sleep much so I've been up since 3A. It's hot and muggy so I'm using my A/C. They called me about physical therapy so that will start tomorrow. The physical therapist will come to me so I don't have to go to the center. I feel better with that than being around a bunch of people who may not be vaccinated. I'll know more about how it will work after we meet tomorrow.

How are you doing today?

I walked exactly 5000 steps today according to my app. We went out for a little shopping, and some divine sushi. Starting fresh on my new diet scheme tomorrow.

Feeling OK otherwise, just still short on sleep.
That is so awesome. I remember some of the photos you uploaded. Is that where you usually walk? It's so pretty.

I'm sure you are doing well with your diet scheme. You are clearly devoted to your plan. I'm excited for you!

Do you ever take anything to help you sleep? Sometimes, I drink Sleepytime tea and/or take Melatonin. It takes a lot for me to fall asleep. I've even had anesthesiologists tell me that it took more than the usual amount to put me under. I hope you are able to get some restorative sleep soon. :hug:

Doing okay. Had a difficult night but I made it through. I talked to the physical therapist last night. She is coming this morning. Will post an update afterward. Please cross your fingers and toes that she's not coo-coo (wanting me to do splits and jumping jacks!). LOL

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. Had a difficult night but I made it through. I talked to the physical therapist last night. She is coming this morning. Will post an update afterward. Please cross your fingers and toes that she's not coo-coo (wanting me to do splits and jumping jacks!). LOL

How is everybody doing?

I have everything crossed for you, even arms and legs! Please give us updates soon! :hug:

Hi sweetheart! :hug:

Yes! I've spent way too much time and energy on people (my family and so-called friends) that didn't deserve my loyalty and now my body is paying for it. I have to learn how to slow down and respect the signals my body is giving me. Thank you for the reminder.

How are you doing today?
How's it going taking it slow?

I'm doing OK, I'm staying around 2000 cals every day which actually is too high
(but still much less than the 2700 a day I was consuming two months ago)
as my tdee is 1981 but I am feeling so exhausted atm. So much tiring stuff going on around stepson/and MIL/and other stepson/and husband with burnout that I hardly get any time to myself. I'm noticing now that my food addiction/eating disorder is a tough nut to crack, it's my coping mechanism when I am stressed and I am currently struggling to find another coping mechanism.
I'm going to watch an online seminair about weight loss with our country's leading obestiy expert tonight, hopefully that will help me a little with my questions.

I do walk every day, not managing staying between 4000- and 5000 steps on average yet but hopefully I will be soon.

That is so awesome. I remember some of the photos you uploaded. Is that where you usually walk? It's so pretty.

I'm sure you are doing well with your diet scheme. You are clearly devoted to your plan. I'm excited for you!

Do you ever take anything to help you sleep? Sometimes, I drink Sleepytime tea and/or take Melatonin. It takes a lot for me to fall asleep. I've even had anesthesiologists tell me that it took more than the usual amount to put me under. I hope you are able to get some restorative sleep soon. :hug:

I take cbd oil and valerian tablets to help me sleep, which they did for most of the year. Just now it doesn't seem enough, but I am pretty stressed. I hope it will get better again with time.

How's it going taking it slow?

I'm doing OK, I'm staying around 2000 cals every day which actually is too high
(but still much less than the 2700 a day I was consuming two months ago)
as my tdee is 1981 but I am feeling so exhausted atm. So much tiring stuff going on around stepson/and MIL/and other stepson/and husband with burnout that I hardly get any time to myself. I'm noticing now that my food addiction/eating disorder is a tough nut to crack, it's my coping mechanism when I am stressed and I am currently struggling to find another coping mechanism.
I'm going to watch an online seminair about weight loss with our country's leading obestiy expert tonight, hopefully that will help me a little with my questions.

I do walk every day, not managing staying between 4000- and 5000 steps on average yet but hopefully I will be soon.
Did you get a chance to watch that seminar? How was it?

I think it's pretty common for people to be emotional eaters. I know my mother has an eating disorder and she's been obese my whole life.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm a stress starver so I have to force myself to eat. I also have a very serious GI problem so sometimes I physically can't handle food. I keep a case of protein drinks for those days.

My current caregiver is an emotional eater. She also hates to cook so she eats quite a bit of fast food. We have lunch together on Tuesday and Thursdays. She will usually buy us lunch and I usually cook something on my day. It has been hard to do for a couple of months now just because of my health problems, mostly pain, but I hope to get back to it soon. I really enjoying cooking and miss all the times the kids and I cooked together.

As far as your walking, I'm a little unclear on your goal. Are you walking to lose weight or as a meditative tool or both? I'm curious about this because I wonder if you can possibly switch your timing. I'm going on the assumption that you are walking during the day so let me know if that's correct. What if you switched your walk to the evening so you are a little bit tired closer to bedtime?

It sounds like you are doing a great job and paying attention to your body and working around those pesky obstacles when they arise. It is clear this is very important for you and I am impressed by your dedication to your plan. Keep up the good work! You're doing great. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom