Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. Woke up a few times but went back to bed after about 20 minutes. I have some fresh fruit and plan to make a smoothie later. I worked on a digital project I'm designing. I have some coloring books but it's getting too difficult to hold the colored pencils so it's been nice creating designs on the computer. Most of the stress from my family situation has died down so I can focus on my own goals more now.

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. Woke up a few times but went back to bed after about 20 minutes. I have some fresh fruit and plan to make a smoothie later. I worked on a digital project I'm designing. I have some coloring books but it's getting too difficult to hold the colored pencils so it's been nice creating designs on the computer. Most of the stress from my family situation has died down so I can focus on my own goals more now.

How is everybody doing?
Glad to hear you are able to focus on yourself more, you need it.

Reactions: mjd
Went on the scale this morning because I was frustrated and wanted to throw in the towel with the diet, but I thought I'd only do it if I lost nothing. But I lost more than expected. I'm a full 6,5 kg down from my starting weight, which is about 14 lbs. So I figured it was worth it to keep going.
I did have a slice of cake with breakfast, but as long as I count the calories that will be fine.

Didn't do much for excercise yesterday, was very tired. Going for a long walk today.

Went on the scale this morning because I was frustrated and wanted to throw in the towel with the diet, but I thought I'd only do it if I lost nothing. But I lost more than expected. I'm a full 6,5 kg down from my starting weight, which is about 14 lbs. So I figured it was worth it to keep going.
I did have a slice of cake with breakfast, but as long as I count the calories that will be fine.

Didn't do much for excercise yesterday, was very tired. Going for a long walk today.

That is a major weight loss. Absolutely stick to what you are doing. Its working!

That is a major weight loss. Absolutely stick to what you are doing. Its working!
Yeah I watched a seminar on weight loss and the bariatric doctor there explained that a loss of 5 kg already changes many things for the positive in your body, and has an important influence on your health. So seeing that I am over that on the scale, gave me enough fuel to keep going.

It's a hard thing for me still, mentally with my ED past. But I've not binged once, I've crossed the line sometimes by eating a little over my allowance but nothing major. Of course, the restaurant visits are over my calorie budget but I calculated my last one and it was only as much calories (with the whole day accounted for) as I used to eat every day. That's pretty eye opening. And the fact that I haven't felt the urge to binge all this time, does show that indeed my Psychologist was right and I was ready to tackle this.

I still struggle with disordered thoughts, but not often and I can let them pass by. This morning was such a thought, but I proved myself wrong 😊

You are doing great even if the scale proves or disproves weight loss. You have the key point down solid - changing the way to you think about the habits that got you to where you wanted to implement changes in your lifestyle (thus the title of our thread ;-) to create long term positive habits that get you (and keep you) where you want to be.

Ballerina Time bc GJ.png

Last edited:
Doing okay. Yesterday was hard but I survived. I talked with some online friends who helped me get through it.

I have p/t this morning and plan to rest afterward. I like that she doesn't push me to the breaking point because I often do and end up paying for it later. I've been having trouble focusing (tried watch a couple of movies here and there) which I attribute to the increased stress. I've been doing things that require less concentration in little spurts which has helped me stay "present and mindful".

Today is a new day! How is everybody doing?

How is everybody doing?
Fighting spirit and good luck for your personal struggles! It's great to hear that you're focusing on yourself and your artistic talents, mjd! Way to go. Digital designing project... I'm jealous. I'm still a bit worn out due to family matters, so I'm reluctant to develop self-imposed design projects, chase potential customers or attend virtual courses. I'm waiting to attend boring seminars - absolutely no design projects - in the fall in my so called design studies.

My health has improved with a miraculous one-pill-a-day synthetic JAK inhibitor RA med. I no longer have occasional heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea or tummy aches from inoperative cell blocker injections, tablets or NSAIDs (painkillers). No more sore joints or morning stiffness either, so I've been doing a lot of garden work and lost a portion of my belly fat. I'm not overweight but I developed a disgusting love handle and cellulite during the months I mapped and rendered wood veneers 24/7.

I'm happy, Windigo, that your stepson has found a care home, so you can keep your mind at rest and focus on your wellbeing. MypinchofItaly, I hope you are gradually recovering from the loss of your father and that your mom is doing well. I lost my dad 5,5 years ago and my mom, stepmom and stepdad are developing all kinds of geriatric problems. (Generation-wise), I'm not afraid of being the next in line but the transition from an adult child into a partial caretaker is challenging - at least for me.

Fighting spirit and good luck for your personal struggles! It's great to hear that you're focusing on yourself and your artistic talents, mjd! Way to go. Digital designing project... I'm jealous. I'm still a bit worn out due to family matters, so I'm reluctant to develop self-imposed design projects, chase potential customers or attend virtual courses. I'm waiting to attend boring seminars - absolutely no design projects - in the fall in my so called design studies.

My health has improved with a miraculous one-pill-a-day synthetic JAK inhibitor RA med. I no longer have occasional heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea or tummy aches from inoperative cell blocker injections, tablets or NSAIDs (painkillers). No more sore joints or morning stiffness either, so I've been doing a lot of garden work and lost a portion of my belly fat. I'm not overweight but I developed a disgusting love handle and cellulite during the months I mapped and rendered wood veneers 24/7.

I'm happy, Windigo, that your stepson has found a care home, so you can keep your mind at rest and focus on your wellbeing. MypinchofItaly, I hope you are gradually recovering from the loss of your father and that your mom is doing well. I lost my dad 5,5 years ago and my mom, stepmom and stepdad are developing all kinds of geriatric problems. (Generation-wise), I'm not afraid of being the next in line but the transition from an adult child into a partial caretaker is challenging - at least for me.
Thanks! I am really enjoying expressing myself through art. I've given myself permission to "just rest". This has been a larger endeavor than most people go through mainly because I've been "trained" to take care of everyone else while neglecting me. I'm late to the party but I'm just now accepting that it's not selfish or wrong to focus on self-care. All you wonderful friends here have helped me keep this in perspective.

As for that, I am eternally grateful!

Had a meh-day, wanted to excercise but couldn't because of pain around my hernia that's been ongoing for the past six hours. Took a tramadol for relief. Regarding those, I managed to cut them down to once or twice a week, sometimes not even once a week so that's going well! But some of my pain days are just no joke.

Food wise ok-ish, ate a lot of sweets but not over my calorie budget.

Reached a milestone of 700 days of meditation on my app. And I've meditated for 12 years before that app, so I guess I dedicated at least 6 full months of my life to that already.

Had a meh-day, wanted to excercise but couldn't because of pain around my hernia that's been ongoing for the past six hours. Took a tramadol for relief. Regarding those, I managed to cut them down to once or twice a week, sometimes not even once a week so that's going well! But some of my pain days are just no joke.

Food wise ok-ish, ate a lot of sweets but not over my calorie budget.

Reached a milestone of 700 days of meditation on my app. And I've meditated for 12 years before that app, so I guess I dedicated at least 6 full months of my life to that already.
View attachment 66295
I am honored to walk this journey with you. I think of you and all the wonderful people here who have given me the gift of acceptance. It's a wonderful feeling.

You...keep doing YOU. You are doing great, my friend!

Doing okay. I'm tired but I usually am. I just passed my next level in the graphic design course. It is so much fun. I didn't realize that I would miss cooking and baking, but I do. I know I have to jump this hurdle with the physical therapist to get back to that. I feel a bit better each day and I'm not going to rush it so I can avoid a relapse. I'll get there. Nothing less is acceptable. ;-)

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. I'm in quite a bit of pain today. My toilet broke yesterday so the maintenance guy is waiting for a plumber to show up. My caregiver said I can stay with her if it doesn't get fixed today. She's a sweetheart. I didn't take the iron pills my doctor prescribed because I already have issues with regularity. I've been eating more red meat and it worked. My blood test came back normal so no more anemia. The p/t comes tomorrow and will do a new assessment to measure my progress. I know it's been helping because I haven't fallen lately. That's always good thing!

How is everybody doing?

Back
Top Bottom