Lifestyle changes

Currently I'm focusing on the nutritional value of my food to get all the vitamins, minerals, fibers, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. The amounts I'm eating right now are based on the german association of food (DGE). I already found out, that not everything can be right, what we think is right. For example sugars, everyone says food with a high concentration of energy per gram is bad, but I already tried out to only eat starchy and natural products and I can't eat that much of bread/noodles/rice every day.

Lately I have been increasing my intake of dried fruit as well as fresh fruit, especially seasonal fruit. One small change I have made is to start eating (fresh) fruit before lunch instead of afterwards.

While I used to be sparing in my use of salt and sugar, my intake is now almost below the normal threshold (with appropriate exceptions)

I am slowly getting used to drinking decaffeinated coffee.

I am eating more fish.

This is also due to the fact that as I cook for my mum more often and eat with her accordingly, I have to follow food guidelines for her that I have to comply with and I have noticed that I am following these same habits when I am at my home.

Has any one heard from mjd? She started this thread and was a regular contributor on the forum. She hasn't logged in since the beginning of Augast. I hope she is OK.
She dropped off rather abruptly. We were actually in contact almost daily via PM, and one day, she just disappeared. I PM'd her a couple of times, but never got a response.

mjd and I are regularly in touch.

I was thinking of posting a query about mjd and am glad to hear that she is still about, but perhaps, not up to participating. I had noted that last, she had turned to posting recipes from the web, instead of her own and thought this a bad indicator. And then, she disappeared.

Best wishes to mjd .

The real lifestyle change for me at present is this cooler, very rainy weather, here in the sunshine state of California. I have slept like a rock for some extra hours today. I had planned a mushroom breakfast recipe, but that will have to pass to tomorrow.

I'm having to rethink today's meal too.

The real lifestyle change for me at present is this cooler, very rainy weather, here in the sunshine state of California. I have slept like a rock for some extra hours today. I had planned a mushroom breakfast recipe, but that will have to pass to tomorrow.

I'm having to rethink today's meal too.

I'm hoping this means cooler weather is good for you. It certainly is for me (and TastyReuben, who shares my love of cooler temperatures). I sleep so much better and my energy levels go up. I'd like to live in perpetual UK spring and autumn. Luckily, it only gets stupid hot a few weeks a year in summer here. I wouldn't want to live in California, glorious as it is.

I'm hoping this means cooler weather is good for you. It certainly is for me (and TastyReuben, who shares my love of cooler temperatures). I sleep so much better and my energy levels go up. I'd like to live in perpetual UK spring and autumn. Luckily, it only gets stupid hot a few weeks a year in summer here. I wouldn't want to live in California, glorious as it is.
I woke up this morning to an actual frost!

Back
Top Bottom