Lifestyle changes

I've been depressed so haven't tried to lose more weight, but I am still stable at what I lost. Keeping weight you lost off is equally important as losing it so at least I have made a lasting change.

Will try more next year.
I hear you on that one. Depression, lockdown, lack of daylight, that was 6 months ago, now it's just depression, pending lockdown and oh, hiding from the sun aka, lack of daylight (UV has already hit 13 today, same scale as Europe, it just that Australia seems to need much more of the scale...). So I still hear you. And with Christmas, significant wedding anniversary and cancelled plans, and 2 birthdays before New Year, it's hard to stay positive. I know I can more readily lose weight just by retreating to bed. It's not like I'm sleeping at night right now, can't get comfortable or if I do, my asthma plays up (it is not liking these thunderstorms one bit).

For me it's hard to tell if the weight gain is day gain or muscle gain. Either way I don't want a gain, but with attempts to get more mobile, sooner or later muscle gain is going to happen. My physio definitely notice how tight my glutes were this morning after 2 weeks without physio, various attempts at climbing the local 'mountain' (we're actually only 84m from the summit by foot. Contours say 50m... So this isn't that major deal it sounds like except for the fact it's 960m high! ) and planting in the garden at the weekend... :( I'll send you a virtual hug.

Recently I learned something about the 3 F's lifestyle: family, fitness finances and the life wheel.

In the last days I thought about taking it more serious and how to actually construct my life around that. It's basically pretty simple, and sort of funny. Do regular sport, visit the doctor, meditate, eat healthy, spend time in the sun, for health. Moral philosophy, motivation speeches on yt and spirituality for attitude. Work on soft and hard skills to make career. Meet some friends and read in cookingbites regularly for social life. Trading, saving and house renovation for finances. Go on dates to start a new family and see the rest of your family. Pretty fulfilling.

Recently I learned something about the 3 F's lifestyle: family, fitness finances and the life wheel.

In the last days I thought about taking it more serious and how to actually construct my life around that. It's basically pretty simple, and sort of funny. Do regular sport, visit the doctor, meditate, eat healthy, spend time in the sun, for health. Moral philosophy, motivation speeches on yt and spirituality for attitude. Work on soft and hard skills to make career. Meet some friends and read in cookingbites regularly for social life. Trading, saving and house renovation for finances. Go on dates to start a new family and see the rest of your family. Pretty fulfilling.

I think we get so involved with work and life that sometimes we forget the basics such as spending time doing what we enjoy because we are so wrapped up in what we 'need' to do, work, pay bills etc..sometimes sitting outside with only Mother Nature as a companion can help a great deal.

We are focusing our energy on healthier eating, more mixed salads and less carb/bread etc,.I have noticed a big change physically as I don't feel fatigued all the time nor do I have an energy crash around mid-afternoon so maybe there is something in this low carb thing.

We are focusing our energy on healthier eating, more mixed salads and less carb/bread etc,.I have noticed a big change physically as I don't feel fatigued all the time nor do I have an energy crash around mid-afternoon so maybe there is something in this low carb thing.
Good for you, and yes stable constant energy levels work by stabilizing our insulin levels and of course all the other health advantages from reducing some of those plant materials that reek havoc on our metabolism in general. Cheers

I think we get so involved with work and life that sometimes we forget the basics such as spending time doing what we enjoy because we are so wrapped up in what we 'need' to do, work, pay bills etc..sometimes sitting outside with only Mother Nature as a companion can help a great deal.

Just returned from a wonderful trip to Alaska, one of the few places I've ever visited where the attraction isn't the cities, but rather the nature around the cities. It was nice being able to stop and take a breath, and not be in a hurry to go anywhere. Even when I'm on holiday, I usually feel like I have to fill every moment with something. As it turns out, filling my time with nothing once in a while is just what I needed.

I have a possible heart condition caused by my saddle PE, the ECG friday confirmed it. So now I am getting more tests to see if I have pulmonary hypertension, which wouldn't be great.

But it means I will have to turn my life around, and pursue the dream I never dared to pursue. My secret dream is becoming an aerobics instructor!

And for my health conditions, the only long term improvement can be made by GETTING ACTIVE. So I am going to start with medical fitness this year, and see where it goes!

I have a possible heart condition caused by my saddle PE, the ECG friday confirmed it. So now I am getting more tests to see if I have pulmonary hypertension, which wouldn't be great.

But it means I will have to turn my life around, and pursue the dream I never dared to pursue. My secret dream is becoming an aerobics instructor!

And for my health conditions, the only long term improvement can be made by GETTING ACTIVE. So I am going to start with medical fitness this year, and see where it goes!
You’ve definitely got the right attitude about things, and attitude is mostly what determines success or failure, so I’m looking forward to you posting about your aerobics workouts sometime in the future!

You are so enlightened for someone so young, what a great mind and spirit you have!

Keep fighting. It's your only option.

PS, don't over do it though! Both hubby and I are paying for a very active life having both been diagnosed with severe OA very early in life and neither of us have it in our families. The medical conclusion is that we were (both) too active.... would i change anything though? No. I'd still climb every one of those mountains, walk every one if those living distance footpaths and still walk everywhere again.

I have complete faith that you can do anything you set your mind to do!

Keep fighting. It's your only option.

PS, don't over do it though! Both hubby and I are paying for a very active life having both been diagnosed with severe OA very early in life and neither of us have it in our families. The medical conclusion is that we were (both) too active.... would i change anything though? No. I'd still climb every one of those mountains, walk every one if those living distance footpaths and still walk everywhere again.
Well I can't, at the moment my heart is that overactive that baking a cake like I did yesterday registers as 90 minutes of jogging on my smartwatch. So I will have to work with doctors and medical fitness professionals to slowly build things up. But I am sure I can go where I want to go, I'm definitely motivated! I love aerobics.

Well I can't, at the moment my heart is that overactive that baking a cake like I did yesterday registers as 90 minutes of jogging on my smartwatch. So I will have to work with doctors and medical fitness professionals to slowly build things up. But I am sure I can go where I want to go, I'm definitely motivated! I love aerobics.
I should have been clearer, fighting is a mental state, not just a physical one.

Back
Top Bottom