Lifestyle changes

I should have been clearer, fighting is a mental state, not just a physical one.
I was responding to the ' don't overdo it' part.

My mental capability for that has been fine for all my life, I have PTSD from my childhood and on top of that all this medical bs and I am still standing. Even in high school the teachers mentioned me at graduation for being their most 'courageous' student so I guess it's innate.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHZneOidj9A

My mental capability for that has been fine for all my life, I have PTSD from my childhood and on top of that all this medical bs and I am still standing. Even in high school the teachers mentioned me at graduation for being their most 'courageous' student so I guess it's innate.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHZneOidj9A
I got told I was a waste of space at school. Never bothered me.
Mind you i did love talking and holding court.

Russ

I got told I was a waste of space at school. Never bothered me.
Mind you i did love talking and holding court.

Russ
That's pretty sad to hear from teachers. I'm sorry that happened to you. :hug:

If it's comforting, my parents told me what the teachers said to you at home instead. And my fellow pupils also agreed. It were only the teachers that liked me.

That's pretty sad to hear from teachers. I'm sorry that happened to you. :hug:

If it's comforting, my parents told me what the teachers said to you at home instead. And my fellow pupils also agreed. It were only the teachers that liked me.

I was tested before going to high school and put in the top class so I knew I was not dumb. Asked to leave school end of fourth form (14)
I've had a pretty good life and never dwelt on the past. I also have a thick skin lol

Russ

That was more directed towards the future. We over did it in our past (being too active).

The fighting part is a figure if speech. I don't think it 'translates' so to speak, but I'll try. I often get told that people don't know how I continue on (what with few numerous medical issues and ongoing physical issues). My response is that I didn't know I had any other option, hence I'm am always fighting because quitting isn't an option (my best friend took her own life when she was 20, I saw what it did to get family. Like me she had a much younger sister. Her parents had lost their first child to a hole in the heart in the days when it wasn't survivable, told to take the infant home and wait for him to die... I won't cover the rest, but their story is heartbreaking. I couldn't ever do that to my family, so for me fighting is the only thing I know). Keep fighting is just a figure of speech to say hang in there.

That was more directed towards the future. We over did it in our past (being too active).

The fighting part is a figure if speech. I don't think it 'translates' so to speak, but I'll try. I often get told that people don't know how I continue on (what with few numerous medical issues and ongoing physical issues). My response is that I didn't know I had any other option, hence I'm am always fighting because quitting isn't an option (my best friend took her own life when she was 20, I saw what it did to get family. Like me she had a much younger sister. Her parents had lost their first child to a hole in the heart in the days when it wasn't survivable, told to take the infant home and wait for him to die... I won't cover the rest, but their story is heartbreaking. I couldn't ever do that to my family, so for me fighting is the only thing I know). Keep fighting is just a figure of speech to say hang in there.
Ah ok it means something slightly different here indeed. But our situation and attitude is quite similar overall. You're a trooper :hug:

Finding out I was diabetic a few years ago certainly forced me to make changes. I excercise. I don’t eat snacks. Drink sugar free Gatorade and zero sugar sodas. I also sit down in the morning and eat breakfast. Eat more vegetables as well.

My Dear Husband has so many issues. Artificial aortic valve, obesity, high blood pressure and high colesterol controled with medication, benign tremors in his hands that make fine motor skills a joke. The worst is cronic kidney failure. He has only 50% kidney function. We have an appointment with his briatric Dr. Thursday afteroon. I will make an apointment with the nutritionist. I need help with meal planning considering all of My Dear Husband's issues.

My Dear Husband has so many issues. Artificial aortic valve, obesity, high blood pressure and high colesterol controled with medication, benign tremors in his hands that make fine motor skills a joke. The worst is cronic kidney failure. He has only 50% kidney function. We have an appointment with his briatric Dr. Thursday afteroon. I will make an apointment with the nutritionist. I need help with meal planning considering all of My Dear Husband's issues.
Let's hope it is good news. We all need good news.

Russ

Thank you Russ. G's has an amazing nephrologist. I can not begin to sing her praises. I wish I could find a Primary Care Physician half as good as she is. I am on the verge of firing my PCP. I have a pelvic ultra sound scheduled Thursday. After that I will activly interview Primary Care Physicians.

Thank you Russ. G's has an amazing nephrologist. I can not begin to sing her praises. I wish I could find a Primary Care Physician half as good as she is. I am on the verge of firing my PCP. I have a pelvic ultra sound scheduled Thursday. After that I will activly interview Primary Care Physicians.
There are some really caring health professionals out there.
Take care.

Russ

Windigo
I love your use of the word passion. We spend too much of our lives chasing what we are told we should do or should be. We lose our passion in the process.
I have always admired your courage and strength. Your are truely spectacular.
My goal is small - one random act of kindness each day.
Thank you I feel very flattered :love: I just decided since the first time I was in ICU that I don't want to spend my life full of self pity no matter what happens because that would waste whatever time I still have.

Back
Top Bottom