Lifestyle changes

Yes, every little bit helps. For me anyway. My ex-h could sit and stare at a wall. I'd ask him what he was thinking about and he'd say "nothing." I have NO idea what that's like. My brain is constantly going. Music is my "escape" and "energizer".

I prefer peace and quiet, just sit on the sofa or by the patio door staring at and thinking about nothing.

I had some broth for lunch yesterday. I drank 14 bottles of water and did some light stretches. Our weather is breaking so I should see a reduction in my arthritis pain. I'm hoping that will allow me to continue adding to my daily exercise routine.

How is everybody doing?

How do you do that? I wish I could just make my mind blank. It doesn't even stop when I'm sleeping. ;-(

It isn't always easy but I have had to start doing it because my brain was so active it stopped me sleeping at night.
Simple: when brain starts racing I chant 'knee' over and over and try to visualise my knee, the focus helps to calm my brain so after a while it stops.

Hey! Your walking is fantastic and you put me to shame. I need to get out and walk a bit every day. Tomorrow...

My diet problem is alcohol. Today I tried diluting wine with water which worked quite well and maybe halved my consumption for at least part of the day.

Walking is hard due to tiredness and general fatigue but I push through it and keep going otherwise I will be a fat lazy blob

It isn't always easy but I have had to start doing it because my brain was so active it stopped me sleeping at night.
Simple: when brain starts racing I chant 'knee' over and over and try to visualise my knee, the focus helps to calm my brain so after a while it stops.
I'm going to try that. Thank you.

Last Saturday my sister and I were sorting out the last of my dad's stuff, there was a box full of pictures-old black and white. Seeing our female relatives going back a good few generations-a lot of them carried meat, not all due to child birth as some didn't have any kids but there does appear to be a genetic thing of broad shoulders and hips and in most cases a large bust. Which is why I want to be careful about my weight.

Reactions: mjd
Doing okay. Had some carrot juice and water yesterday. I'm almost weaned off the medication that causes weight gain. The fasting is helping my sinuses too. I can breathe better than I usually do this time of year.

How is everybody doing?

I am very pleased to hear that you are improving and breathing better. That's good!

• Love
Reactions: mjd
Today I had a rather random busy day but with good moments of relaxation. No exercises, just a walk in the afternoon after lunch of about 2 kilometres, the temperature was perfect. Hot but not too much.
I drank a lot of water today, I'm now pushing myself to almost 2 litres a day.
Lunch was bread-based, then I had a piece of dark chocolate. Ok two pieces. But the long walk I took made up for it. Didn't it? :angelic:

I'm not used to weighing myself anymore, I prefer not to because I know how it's going to end and I don't want to get into that loop, but I think I've lost maybe 1 kilo, at least I think so. I feel more toned.

I am very pleased to hear that you are improving and breathing better. That's good!
Thanks!

Today I had a rather random busy day but with good moments of relaxation. No exercises, just a walk in the afternoon after lunch of about 2 kilometres, the temperature was perfect. Hot but not too much.
I drank a lot of water today, I'm now pushing myself to almost 2 litres a day.
Lunch was bread-based, then I had a piece of dark chocolate. Ok two pieces. But the long walk I took made up for it. Didn't it? :angelic:

I'm not used to weighing myself anymore, I prefer not to because I know how it's going to end and I don't want to get into that loop, but I think I've lost maybe 1 kilo, at least I think so. I feel more toned.
Awesome! It sounds like you are plugging right along. I am a big proponent of "slow and steady" as I think it's easier to let the mind and body adapt to small changes. It works for me.

Way to go!

Thanks!

Awesome! It sounds like you are plugging right along. I am a big proponent of "slow and steady" as I think it's easier to let the mind and body adapt to small changes. It works for me.

Way to go!

It doesn't always work for me but I'm enjoying this mood and it relaxes me. I just hope to be consistent, which is not always easy for me at the moment.

My walk yesterday was significantly easier than the ones I did last week, walking every day has certainly helped. I feel myself improving every day, which is exactly what I wanted. Turns out a little effort goes a long way.

I also managed to stay off the sodass every day, it's been much easier than I thought. I don't actually miss it much, though with some dishes I miss the flavor a little but nothing that's not managable.

Otherwise, my energy level is extremely low. The psychologist who works with my GP says I have a burnout, which is not entirely unexpected after the past 7 years. So I'm taking it slow, because doing just the normal things I have to do and my daily walk leaves me completely drained. But there's still improvement, so I guess I should be proud of myself.

My walk yesterday was significantly easier than the ones I did last week, walking every day has certainly helped. I feel myself improving every day, which is exactly what I wanted. Turns out a little effort goes a long way.

I also managed to stay off the sodass every day, it's been much easier than I thought. I don't actually miss it much, though with some dishes I miss the flavor a little but nothing that's not managable.

Otherwise, my energy level is extremely low. The psychologist who works with my GP says I have a burnout, which is not entirely unexpected after the past 7 years. So I'm taking it slow, because doing just the normal things I have to do and my daily walk leaves me completely drained. But there's still improvement, so I guess I should be proud of myself.

You are doing well, cara. You should be proud of you everyday. We are all making little/big changes in our daily life because we have recognised that something wasn’t working in our favour and we said “ok, it will be hard, sometimes harder but other times not, and regardless this, I want to get rid of those bad habits”. This thought became a new path, a new point of view. I don’t like the word “challenge” for this kind of things, we are not in an olympic game and mostly there are not winners or losers, only keep calm and carry on, proudly.
We are here to support each other both in successful and in difficult times. It’s a little support but it’s honest and care, thus go ahead proudly of yourself, brava and so all of us :thumbsup::love:

Back
Top Bottom