Ham mousse.jpg

Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 5 mins + 1 h in the fridge

• Slices cooked ham : 200 g
  • Fresh cheese or Ricotta or even Goat cheese: 100 g
  • Walnuts: 5-6
  • Marjoram or thyme, fresh: a sprig
  • Salt and pepper: to taste
Method

Finely cut the ham and place it into a food processor with the cheese, the walnuts, the marjoram and a pinch of salt and pepper.

Blend everything together for 5 minutes; you will get a soft and smooth cream.

Place the mousse in a bowl, cover it with plastic foil and leave it to cool down in the fridge for 1 hour.

Garnish this mousse with some fresh marjoram leaves and serve it over soft sandwich bread.

Last edited:
View attachment 31044

Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 5 mins + 1 h in the fridge

• Slices cooked ham : 200 g
  • Fresh cheese or Ricotta or even Goat cheese: 100 g
  • Walnuts: 5-6
  • Marjoram or thyme, fresh: a sprig
  • Salt and pepper: to taste
Method

Finely cut the ham and place it into a food processor with the cheese, the walnuts, the marjoram and a pinch of salt and pepper.

Blend everything together for 5 minutes; you will get a soft and smooth cream.

Place the mousse in a bowl, cover it with plastic foil and leave it to cool down in the fridge for 1 hour.

Garnish this mouse with some fresh marjoram leaves and serve it over soft sandwich bread.

I tend to not like garnish with mouse!:whistling:

That sounds really good. On weekends (usually Sundays), I don't do a regular round of cooking, I usually make a heavy breakfast, then we have something light halfway between what would normally be lunch and supper (so for us, that'd be around 3PM).

I make a nice little drink to go with it, and we sit out on the porch and have that. This sounds like a perfect addition to my usual rotation of hummus, bruschetta, salami and cheese, etc. Thanks!

That sounds really good. On weekends (usually Sundays), I don't do a regular round of cooking, I usually make a heavy breakfast, then we have something light halfway between what would normally be lunch and supper (so for us, that'd be around 3PM).

I make a nice little drink to go with it, and we sit out on the porch and have that. This sounds like a perfect addition to my usual rotation of hummus, bruschetta, salami and cheese, etc. Thanks!

You perfectly rendered the image in my head of that drink with you sit out on the porch..and next time with that soft pinch of rose.
Hope you like it!

Back
Top Bottom