Lobster Rolls: Mayo vs Butter

Local time
9:37 PM
I had a lobster roll for the first time the other day. They had a hot option, and a cold option, but I chose the cold one since it was hot out, plus it was a tiny bit lower in calories. I wish I had of chosen the buttered hot one to be honest, because while it was tasty, I think the butter would have had more flavor. Do you prefer hot or cold lobster rolls?

Hot rolls only for me please, like you said above the butter contributes to the flavour and you can burn off the calories pretty quick if you want to.

<google>

Oh! It's really just lobster in a roll. I thought it would be something more complicated...

I think you guys eat a lot more lobster over there than we Brits do. Here it's a pretty luxury thing, not the sort of thing you'd put in a sandwich!

<google>

Oh! It's really just lobster in a roll. I thought it would be something more complicated...

I think you guys eat a lot more lobster over there than we Brits do. Here it's a pretty luxury thing, not the sort of thing you'd put in a sandwich!

It's kind of a luxury over here too, which is kind of ironic since it used to be "poor man's food!" I was surprised when I saw how inexpensive the lobster roll was at our local eatery, but it tasted like a million bucks! :) However, when you just get a lobster or a lobster dinner out here, it's much more expensive...More than I usually wish to spend!

Yeah. The hot one definitely tastes better with the butter.

Back
Top Bottom