Recipe Lobster with Salmorejo

Francesca

Local time
11:37 PM
The Word Salmorejo ( sal mo ré ho ) signifies Salmuria or Salmuero, denoting a highly saline aqueous médium. However, Salmorejo is quite different and is a garlic, tomato, bread, White wine vinegar, and green bell pepper thick cold soup. It is quite distinct from a Gazpacho.

This is the bed of the dish, I had made and finally have a few minutes to type up the récipe and post the photograph that I took .. ( Photo Below .. )

Ingredients (serves 4) ..
2 cloves of peeled and minced garlic
1 egg yolk
4 large ripe red tomatoes ( 750 grams or 1.5 Pounds ) peeled and sliced finely or diced ( I de-seed mine)
1 thick slice of day old Baguette ( bread without alot of interior )
1/3 cup of Spanish Evoo ( 3 fl. oz. / 90 Ml. )
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar ( 30 Ml. / 1 fl. ounce )
1 Small onion or shallot peeled and minced ( chopped very tiny and finely )
1 small Green bell or Green Italian pepper minced
2 Ounces or 60 grams of Hard Boiled Egg diced finely (a sprinkle of garnish ) .. I leave out ..

Instructions for Salmorejo which is on the bottom of the dish:
1) Blend the garlic, onion, egg yolk and the tomatoes, Green pepper & bread in a food processor or large Mortar or Blender.
2) Drizzle the Evoo extremely slowly until you have a thick creamy texture ..
3) Salt to taste and add the black pepper. Slowly add the vinegar.
4) Place in a glass bowl and cover and refrigerate for 2 hours ..

The lobster (substitution suggestions: Prawns / Shrimp or Crab )
1) Prepare the Lobsters in boiling salted wáter or Court Bouillon for 8 to 10 minutes with sea salt.
2 ) Allow the lobsters to cool for 10 minutes or so, for easy handling.
3) Pull the lobster meat out of the shell .. And place on top of the Salmorejo in bowls.

Voila ! Remarkably wonderful ..

BOGAVANTEMARGAUX1048370_220884688058879_1901552647_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You had me at lobster. Wow, this looks good.

Thanks, Francesca.

@buckytom,

It is delicious !! And I did my best to take a photo with my Samsung Galaxy III ( 6.75 " ) .. It is almost 3 years old, however, I like the size .. And the I-phone is only 5.5 " -- the new model ..

This is an easy récipe and very impacting to serve for 2 verses 4 !

Have a lovely day ··· Thanks again ..

@morning glory,

The normal Salmorejo is normally sprinkled with hard boiled egg bits ..

However, with Lobster I prefer salad greens & flowers & the branches are baby red Catalan Sweet Onion called Calçots, pronounced "cal - sots" ( as you can see in Photo ) ..

The greens are varied: Oak leaf lettuce, Spinach, Chive Ribbons, and some Kress.

It is really for decoration and to provide some contrast of color against the Red & the orange red ..

You can use any salad greens that fit your taste profile ..

Have a lovely evening.

It is delicious !! And I did my best to take a photo with my Samsung Galaxy III ( 6.75 " ) .. It is almost 3 years old, however, I like the size .. And the I-phone is only 5.5 " -- the new model ..

I also have been using Samsung Galaxy but I have a newer model (7). Its voted best phone camera. The Samsung Galaxy 5 and 6 also have a good camera. I'm not sure about the III. One thing I always say to everyone is to get your plate or dish of food into daylight (not full sun which produces ugly shadows). Daylight will improve any food photo.

I also have been using Samsung Galaxy but I have a newer model (7). Its voted best phone camera. The Samsung Galaxy 5 and 6 also have a good camera. I'm not sure about the III. One thing I always say to everyone is to get your plate or dish of food into daylight (not full sun which produces ugly shadows). Daylight will improve any food photo.

@morning glory

Yes, I plan to change phones in the autumn / winter time .. I am looking at the Samsung Galaxy 7. I need a better camera in the Cell.

I do have a 35mm but I use this for my work ..

To answer your question:
Red: There are some edible red flowers however, I do not know the name of them ..

Then there is a stem, the color of magenta red ( color of Rhubard more or less ).

This is the stem of a calçot ( cal sot ) which is an indigenious sweet onion .. It is sweeter than a spring onion.

I just put it there for decoration !!!

Have a lovely evening. Thanks again ..

You still use 35mm film? That is very unusual these days. Are you processing it yourself?

Yes, however, it is Digital .. Takes much better photographs than cell tablets or cell phones ..

No, I do not process myself ..

Late here, 12.30am ..

Have a wonderful day ahead .. Goodnight.

Back
Top Bottom