Lockdown Haircuts

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:24 AM
How you all coping if you haven't got access to a hairdresser? Its not an issue for me. I haven't been to a hairdresser for over 40 years. I've got long hair and I just trim it and dye it myself. But the other day I cut my partner's hair. I learned how to cut men's hair from an ex and it seems to have worked over the years as I've tried it out on various victims with different hair types. I'm not saying its as good as a professional haircut, but he was quite pleased.

Before:

41488 41489

After:

41491 41490

Please add you own photos if you dare...

Pretty decent job! :)

Many years ago, when I was in the military, I was going before an awards board (I won, natch! :wink: ), and I'd somehow forgotten to get a fresh haircut. I wasn't really out of regs, but when competing in front of a board, you want a brand new haircut.

So I asked MrsTasty to help me out. All she had to do was take some clippers and just ever so slightly go around my ears and my neck. It was already ok, I just needed a stray hair here and there trimmed.

She cut a gash about an inch-and-a-half long right above my ear. White-pink scalp underneath.

I ended up covering it with a brown paste I had that was intended to be used to cover small nicks and scrapes in furniture.

So I'll just be growing my hair, thanks. 😬

How you all coping if you haven't got access to a hairdresser? Its not an issue for me. I haven't been to a hairdresser for over 40 years. I've got long hair and I just trim it and dye it myself. But the other day I cut my partner's hair. I learned how to cut men's hair from an ex and it seems to have worked over the years as I've tried it out on various victims with different hair types. I'm not saying its as good as a professional haircut, but he was quite pleased.

Before:

View attachment 41488 View attachment 41489

After:

View attachment 41491 View attachment 41490

Please add you own photos if you dare...
Looks good! Do you make house calls - across the pond?

Very neat. Well done.

Husband cuts his own hair with clippers. Has done for years. My hair is now in a longish bob. Apparently, hairdressers can open from 4th July in England (with lots of rules re: PPE etc.). My hairdresser texted me this evening with an appointment for the 10th.

Mum had cut her own hair and it looks ok (via skype and in person at 2 metres distance!). She's cut my dad's hair too and was asking us about clippers so she can continue to do his hair.

I think I will sit this one out. I did briefly toy with asking my wife to cut my hair, but bailed at the last minute. Her response was brutal.
"Do you know who you remind me of, at the moment?" She asked.
(Richard Gere, I thought, maybe a younger Branson)
"Robinson Crusoe". Ouch!
By yesterday, things had improved a little.
"Your hair is flatter today, you look just like Marcus Wareing". I can live with that.

Nice job, mr7 here cut my hair about three weeks ago with electric shears set at number 1 . He enjoyed it, wife tidied it up at the end.
As a friend says, it's only a week between a good and bad haircut.

Russ

I've cut hubby's hair for years - he has a very simple cut with grade one around the sides and back and grade 2 on the top which is very easy with clippers. We decided years ago that it was far more cost effective to buy a set of clippers to cut his hair than to go to the barbers every couple of weeks! I think they've paid for themselves several times over :okay:

I found a wonderful hairdresser a couple of years ago who comes to the house - she last cut my hair at the beginning of March but my highlights are well overdue. But it took me years to find a hairdresser & style that really works for me so there's no way I'm letting anyone else near my hair! Luckily my hairstyle actually looks pretty good even as it grows out (even if its a bit longer than I'd prefer) so I can hold off until she starts working again.

Back
Top Bottom