Looking for a new toaster oven...

bryan123

Local time
3:10 PM
Hi, this is my first post as i just joined 5 minutes ago!

My Cuisinart pre-convection toaster oven/ broiler is on its last legs after about 20 years of faithful service and I'm in the market for a new unit that has convection capability.

I've done some research and I've eliminated the gimicky celebrity chef-endorsed models that seem to be riddled with deceptive advertising claims; ie "air fryer" is the same as convection, "grill" is the same as broiler, and can be used as a slow cooker if you happen to already own or buy a dutch oven that fits in it...

I'm considering three in the 90-100 dollar range; the Oster, the Hamilton Beach, and the Krups.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My girlfriend and I cook a variety of things and we're trying to eat healthier. I'm a 60 year old physciian and she's a 54 year old advanced practice nurse and Gulf War Veteran.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to CookingBites bryan123. I'm afraid I can't help with your question but I'm sure someone here may be able to.

If you have a moment, please tell us a bit more about yourself and the type of cooking you like to do over in New to CookingBites? We like to welcome new members!

Hi, this is my first post as i just joined 5 minutes ago!

My Cuisinart pre-convection toaster oven/ broiler is on its last legs after about 20 years of faithful service and I'm in the market for a new unit that has convection capability.

I've done some research and I've eliminated the gimicky celebrity chef-endorsed models that seem to be riddled with deceptive advertising claims; ie "air fryer" is the same as convection, "grill" is the same as broiler, and can be used as a slow cooker if you happen to already own or buy a dutch oven that fits in it...

I'm considering three in the 90-100 dollar range; the Oster, the Hamilton Beach, and the Krups.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My girlfriend and I cook a variety of things and we're trying to eat healthier. I'm a 60 year old physciian and she's a 54 year old advanced practice nurse and Gulf War Veteran.

Thank you so much!
Hi Bryan123 - welcome to the board!

I purchased this Oster Toaster oven in Dec 2019. I love it. I use it more than my full size oven - convenient, no bending to lift pans in/out. Perfect for the husband and me.

Here's mine, an Oster. Works very good!! Great for things that you don't want to heat up the regular oven for!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom