Looking for a nice way to cook cod

MrMajeika

Local time
12:26 PM
I have a cod loin and I'm trying to decide how to cook it. Usually just bake it with some butter and seasonings but a bit boring. I have some parsley and coriander. Maybe a herb crust? Would I do it in a pan and then finish in the oven? How do I stop the crust falling off. I also have a brocolli. Any ideas how to make that nice?

I have a cod loin and I'm trying to decide how to cook it. Usually just bake it with some butter and seasonings but a bit boring. I have some parsley and coriander. Maybe a herb crust? Would I do it in a pan and then finish in the oven? How do I stop the crust falling off. I also have a brocolli. Any ideas how to make that nice?

Well - if you want to be adventurous you could try this. Its not difficult but you need some saffron. Recipe - Fish Tagine with Saffron

If you want to do an herb crust, finely chop your herbs, and mix them with just enough olive oil to make everything stick together. Spread that on your filet/loin, and cook it however you like. The oven is fine -- and if that's what you are used to using, it will be the easiest.

I cook fish sous vide, then sear with a kitchen torch. I put my fresh herbs in the vacuum bag with some butter and the fish.

CD

I'm with Russ I'm not a big fan of Cod, I prefer Haddock and Hake.
padeswood011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom