Looking for Amateur Food Writers and Facebook Group Contributers

BrainBanquet

Veteran
Local time
2:13 PM
Website
www.brainbanquet.com
Dear Mods: I hope this is okay to post here but if there are any issues with this post please feel free to edit or delete as you see fit.

Are you interested in contributing to a friendly and informal Facebook group and/or writing fun original blog articles for a new food blog aimed at providing professional hints tips and secrets to ordinary people who feel they know nothing about cooking but would like to try?

It really is the most basic stuff to help get people off the ground, there shouldn't be anything too complicated.

If you would like to join in with the Facebook group please join up today and jump right in with anything you feel will be of benefit. The group is found here:-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BestFoodTips/

Please, please let me know if you have applied to join so I can ok your application right away.

Also, if you feel you could contribute original, interesting blog posts that are entirely your own work and are at least 500 words in length, let me know and I'll tell you more.

If you're stuck for ideas of what to write I can even provide some ideas to get you going. Don't worry if you aren't a perfectly polished writer as I'll edit all submissions before publication, if required.

While the blog posts you write will be the property of the blog once submitted, you will be given full credit as the author, if you wish, together with details of your food related background (even if you're a home cook) or your food related business if you have one and your details will appear wherever the article is reproduced including on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.) and any publications elsewhere - it's a great way to get your name around and being a published author in your field looks great on your resume' or curriculum vitae, particularly as the profile of the blog increases .

When you contribute a blog post your own pictures are welcome too but not necessary (again, pictures must be your own work and they will always be credited to you just like the articles you produce).
All contributions can be produced when it suits you to fit in around your busy schedule.
Interested? If so, please get in touch with me any way you can and my email address is BrainBanquet@gmail.com

I have limited vacancies for blog contributors so I really hope to hear from your soon, I'd hate for you to miss out. Go on - share what you know with people who don't!

Can I just how come it is a closed group if its supposed to be giving tips to everyone. And also, why you refer to it as a blog? A FB Group and a blog are two different things, I think. My experience of using FB Groups (whether closed or not) is not very satisfactory. The posts appear in a long serial form and can't be sorted into categories. Plus, if someone replies to an old post, then it jumps to the top of the screen. In the end, I have left groups simply because the format is so irritating!

If this was a an actual blog then I would be interested....

Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Have you set up a blog as well?

Can I just how come it is a closed group if its supposed to be giving tips to everyone. And also, why you refer to it as a blog? A FB Group and a blog are two different things, I think. My experience of using FB Groups (whether closed or not) is not very satisfactory. The posts appear in a long serial form and can't be sorted into categories. Plus, if someone replies to an old post, then it jumps to the top of the screen. In the end, I have left groups simply because the format is so irritating!

If this was a an actual blog then I would be interested....

Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Have you set up a blog as well?

Sorry for the confusion if I was unclear (perhaps another reason I need help with the writing lol) :(

The blog is at www.brainbanquet.com and I am looking for original blog writers. I have an associated Facebook GROUP which is not actually branded as Brain Banquet and I'm seeking contributors to that too as the more people providing input the better and not everyone has the time nor the inclination to write full original blog posts of 500+ words.

So my main SITE is the blog (not yet open) but there's also a Facebook GROUP (as mentioned) as well as a Brain Banquet Facebook PAGE (both the Facebook group and page may need admins in the future but certainly not at this point) and finally there is a Twitter feed too.

Hence my wish to get as many new writers on there to give their perspectives.

I hope this clears up the confusion. If not just let me know :)

P.S. While the Facebook Group is indeed closed any existing member can instantly approve someone who wishes to join. The reason for this is to prevent spamming of the group, I just want cooking hints,tips and related items on there.

Hope you're still interested.

Last edited:
Thanks. That has clarified things. I'm interested in principle, although I'm thinking of starting my own food blog. In the meantime I'll apply to join the FB group and see how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom