Recipe Looking For Recipe To Prepare Soy Beans

sixxup

Veteran
Local time
10:08 AM
Besides roasting and crushing them to make a hot drink, how else can I prepare soy beans? Can soy beans be cooked like any other beans?

Like this one?
Chunky Vegetarian Vegetable Soup (Fast and Easy)

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
2 baking potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
1 cup frozen sliced okra
2 leaves kale, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
Directions
1.Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in hot oil until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2.Stir garlic into the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes more.
3.Pour vegetable broth and tomato sauce into pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
4.Stir carrots and potatoes through the broth. Simmer until carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
5.Drop corn, edamame, okra, and kale into the soup. Continue to simmer until okra is tender, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.

Preperation: 15 mins
Cooking: 35 mins
Cook's Note:
For vegetable broth, use 2 no salt added vegan bouillon cubes and 4 cups of water. Do not add any salt to the soup when cooking it, but allow others to salt their own bowl.
http://allrecipes.com/

I've used them in broth style dishes and laksa style dishes ,used them in vegitarean chilis and entrée style dishes,but the trend in the UK died off ,they were another wonder food About 4 years ago ,I actually do like them

In fact, I'd never heard of roasting and crushing them to make a drink! But are these fresh green soya beans or the dried white ones, I wonder.

Back
Top Bottom