Looking for some good, homemade, vegetarian holiday recipes

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
10:11 AM
I've seen tofu turkeys and whatnot, but I really like to make homemade foods for my vegetarian guest that visits during the holidays. She doesn't get much home cooking, so I like to fuss over her. I make a few favorites for her, but I'd like to have some new stuff this time around as well. I'd love it if folks could share some holiday vegetarian recipes. I need ideas for main course, sides, snacks, small meals, everything. Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't really know lol. She likes vegetables. And fruit. I kind of just wing it, and she seems to like whatever I make. I do know that her favorite is tomatoes.

You could stir fry or roast a bunch of vegetables and then use them for various dishes. That's what I do for myself and then add other things to it. For example I saute mushroom, onions, corn and asparagus, I then use it to add to pasta, noodles or rice. Otherwise I can make a tomato sauce or onion gravy and make it into a pie or a topping for baked potatoes. You can also use them to stuff peppers or tomatoes and top with breadcrumbs. That way you have versatility.

Personally I would take roasted veg as a person's way of showing me they are either not interested or a cop out. It is rather boring and not very filling, but that is misty my take. I guess I have had it way too many times over the years.

The Indian potato pie would be a good option. very simple to make and we add extra Cumin and coriander plus garlic to it to spice it up a touch. She that with some spicy green veg (spinach with similar spices added, or Indian carrots and peas) or a basic Dahl to serve over it with some steamed green veg.

www.cookingbites.com/threads/indian-potato-pie.3204/

For dessert you could try something like an olive oil chocolate cake served with ice cream or Cream. My husband is making this one this weekend so i can let you know what it is like layer on.

www.cookingbites.com/threads/chocolate-olive-oil-cake-wheat-free-dairy-free.3250/#post-15773

Well, she didn't end up staying very long this time (family stuff), so I didn't get to try too many new recipes. I made her favorite broiled tomatoes. Cut Roma tomatoes in half, open side up, drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil, top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sprinkle with oregano, and broil until the cheese is golden and bubbly. This is her favorite "un-meat" and I make various sides.

Back
Top Bottom