Looking for something saucy

Discussion in 'Herbs, Spices, Dressings, Sauces and Dips' started by Helping hands, 11 Jul 2019.

1. Helping hands

Helping hands New Member

Hey folks,

My late father and I used to love sharing stories about our times working as chefs and there was one particular recipe that he used to tell me about and for the life of me I cannot remember so I'm begging some help to track it down as I would love to give it a try.

I have tried using Google but all it comes up with are BBQ or chilli sauce recipes that and pictures of dogs.

The sauce recipe I am trying to find is usually served with steak and it's called king Charles sauce (hence the pictures of dogs)

Please help me to find this recipe

rascal likes this.
  2. CraigC

CraigC Über Member

Can you describe the taste/texture/color or know any of the ingredients?

3. rascal

rascal Über Member

Yes more info required. I make a nice garlic sauce for steaks.

Russ

4. Helping hands

Helping hands New Member

I'm not sure, I've not actually tried it myself. I think but cannot be certain that it contained brandy. other than that and the name of it, I don't have much to go on.

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:44 AM
  5. medtran49

medtran49 Über Member

Did he work for a restaurant called King Charles? Maybe it's a house sauce? I can't find anything, other than a pretty vague mention of possibly a variant of Worcestershire, and I am very good at research as it's a big part of my work. I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking, but can usually find something to at least give a good start fairly quickly.

Helping hands likes this.
  6. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Couldn't track anything down either - and I'm a pretty good researcher too. I reckon between us, @medtran49 we could probably track most things down!

Helping hands likes this.
  7. Helping hands

Helping hands New Member

No he didn't work for restaurant called king Charles he worked for a few different hotels around London then moved onto running pubs with his wife.

8. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Sorry we haven't been able to help. I think the only hope is to talk to someone (if there is anyone) who also knew about the sauce to see if they can remember any of the ingredients.