Lost Parts

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
6:56 PM
Do you have kitchen gadgets that you have lost parts from? I have one gadget that has a lost part and I have no clue where it is! Hubby used my food processor and lost the blade that fits down inside of it. This is the one that mixes everything up. I have searched everywhere in my kitchen counters and drawers and the dining room hutch space but I cannot find the blade. I don't have a clue where it is and neither does hubby.

Have you ever lost parts to your gadgets? Did you buy a new part or just buy something to replace the entire gadget? In my case I still use the top blade for cutting and shredding so I will not be getting rid of it and I will not be buying a new one either.

Before myself & my OH went off to cycle around the world we had found some 'cup' sets (not that common here in the UK) which were really useful. The 1/2 cup was ideal for porridge of 2... there were 4 in the set, in a nice wide metal scoop, now we only have 3... the really useful size - that 1/2 cup size is missing and the current 'trend' is that the cup sets are much narrower & taller in metal or have gone over to silicon plastic types in garish colours which we can not stand... For the last 18 months we have been hoping it will turn up somewhere, but I think it is lost for good now... Eventually I may replace it, but not until I find a design we like and we have a little money spare. For the time being it is a cope option, the 1 cup has various measurements on it and the 1/4 cup can just be used twice to obtain the same result!

Before myself & my OH went off to cycle around the world we had found some 'cup' sets (not that common here in the UK) which were really useful. The 1/2 cup was ideal for porridge of 2... there were 4 in the set, in a nice wide metal scoop, now we only have 3... the really useful size - that 1/2 cup size is missing and the current 'trend' is that the cup sets are much narrower & taller in metal or have gone over to silicon plastic types in garish colours which we can not stand... For the last 18 months we have been hoping it will turn up somewhere, but I think it is lost for good now... Eventually I may replace it, but not until I find a design we like and we have a little money spare. For the time being it is a cope option, the 1 cup has various measurements on it and the 1/4 cup can just be used twice to obtain the same result!

That is a shame. I am glad that you still have the rest of the set!

Back
Top Bottom