Low calorie recipes

Would you mind if I started a new thread with the recipes you posted? I would like to link it here so any posters can easily find them. What do you think?

No problem - I'll do it as I don't think you are able to start a new thread with something I posted already.

Reactions: mjd
I make a butternut squash (low calories) mash using pretty much all of the squash including the skin and seeds. I add some maple syrup, cinnamon and truvia to make it sweet or Thyme / Rosemary to make it savoury. I cut it up, steam it, make it into small slices, so there will only be small bits of skin, mash it, add flour, eggs, seeds of the squash and other ingredients then bake it in the oven at about 190C for an hour.

Why do you want low calorie recipes? Is it not better to have a balanced diet?

Low calorie is not in my vocabulary. :whistling:

Its not necessary for many people but I like to have these 'tricks'. What can I say? I drink too much alcohol, therefore I cut calories in other ways. Its not at all 'healthy' for me I suppose.

But I do think there are many people who want or need to lose weight and perhaps don't realise how easy it can be to make lower calorie meals which are really quite 'gourmet' and interesting.

Back
Top Bottom