Low Carbing It

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
5:10 AM
I'm 50. I'm 5"10 and was 211 pounds. Way to fat for my size. Most of the fat is right in my gut.

I also have Diverticulitis. It flares up a lot. Bad eating habits have not helped (including beer).

Two weeks ago I decided to do something about it. I lost 35 pounds 25 years ago on the Adkins Diet. Kept 20 of it off for a long time.

My eventual goal is 190. Then re evaluate, and maybe shoot for 180. I'm not looking for a quick fix. I'm going to "try" and make some life changes. So far I'm rally excited with the results.

What I'm really excited about is that for two weeks now I haven't had any stomach/intestinal problems at all. I usually didn't make it more than a few days without some sort of problems.

Today is day 13. I'm down 7 pounds. I'm feeling a ton better. I haven't had a beer in two weeks. I did pick up a couple of cans of Lagunitas DayTime IPA to try and a poker game tonight. Even when Colleen and I went out a few days ago I ordered a grilled chicken salad instead of a burger and fries. My stomach thanked me for it the next day.

My goal is less than 20 carbs per day and less than 2k in calories. I've only come close to that once. Usually I'm in the 15 carb and 1500 calorie a day camp.

I'm also treadmilling it 4-5 times a week.

Wish me luck.

Almond flour is a game changer for this kind of eating plan.

Congrats. Way to go. I cut way back on carbs (bread and pasta), and read labels, watching sugar as well. Worked well. Need to get back to low carb again. Good luck.

Good luck and well done! Keep at it. Low carb is something I couldn't do - I love carbs too much. Low fat is my usual way and vegetarian. But whatever works for you.

Yeah, good luck with your diet, I never diet, I find working keeps me fit and all good, used to get reflux but that seems to have stopped. I used to only eat one meal at night for the whole day. I tend to eat twice now.
As for alcohol, I love it and drink every night, I have trouble getting to sleep, so a few shots gets me into,the land of zzzz's.
I also listen to my Dr. Last visit he weighed me and commented I'd lost 10kg from last year. He said I was as good as a 45 yo. I'm 62.

Russ

20190804_180025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom