Recipe Lunch-time Ham and Cheese Quiche

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:48 PM
So the guests are gone, the house is clean and the only evidence left of the Christmas feast are the leftovers packed high in your fridge, follow us to the kitchen to find out what to do with them!
Lunch-time Ham and Cheese Quiche.jpg
Ingredients
Pastry

175 g plain flour
75 g butter (plus extra for greasing)
salt
Filling
250 g good quality cheddar (grated)
200 g cooked ham (chopped)
5 eggs (beaten)
100 ml milk
200 ml double cream
salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 sprigs of fresh thyme

Method
  • To make the pastry, sift the flour together with a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until you have a soft breadcrumb texture.
  • Add enough cold water to make the crumb mixture come together to form a firm dough, and then rest it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  • Roll out the pastry on a light floured surface and line a 22cm/8½inch well-buttered flan dish. Don't cut off the edges of the pastry yet. Chill again.
  • Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/Gas 5).
  • Remove the pastry case from the fridge and line the base of the pastry with baking parchment and then fill it with baking beans. Place on a baking tray and bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and parchment and return to the oven for another five minutes to cook the base
  • Reduce the temperature of the oven to 160°C (325°F/Gas 3).
  • Sprinkle the cheese into the pastry base and pit the ham on over the cheese.
  • Combine the eggs with the milk and cream in a bowl and season well. Pour over the ham and cheese. Sprinkle the thyme over the top and trim the edges of the pastry.
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and set further.
  • Trim the pastry edges to get a perfect edge and then serve in wedges.

http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/recipes/2013/0325/745807-lunch-time-ham-and-cheese-quiche/

I made a quiche today for the challenge! Photographed it this morning. Now trying to write out the recipe. I don't just cut and paste you know....:D

How can I quote the source when the source is me?
Quote you Morning Glory and then pin it:). I really think you are on to something here producing some material for your website. I will go search for this recipe.
Well I am a ham and cheese person so even thing that calls for these two ingredients gets my vote. So another vote for Classic 33 and this recipe.

This looks good. I love, totally love quiche and I will take a spinach quiche anyday. I especially love making a home made one. They are quick, easy to prepare and taste delicious! Quiche seriously, is one of my favorite meals. I have to say the last quiche I made here at home was awesome. That recipie does look good, and another easy ways to use left overs is to make a fritatta. It is a really cheap meal and tastes awesome as well.

Back
Top Bottom