Recipe Macaroni Salad

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
4:06 PM
My husband loves macaroni salad and requests it often. I thought I would share my very simple recipe.

Elbow noodles boiled, drained, dunked in cold water and redrained.
Ranch salad dressing ( I eye ball this and use enough to make the salad moist) You can use store bought or make your own. Personally I feel that homemade is best.
Fresh bacon bits.
Fresh diced tomatoes
Fresh diced green pepper
Fresh diced cucumbers
Salt & pepper to taste

I mix all of these ingredients together and chill before serving.

How do you make your Macaroni Salad?

I don't really have a favorite recipe for macaroni salad, but usually like to add it tuna, tomatoes and cucumber.

My sister gave me recently a recipe which dressing include celery, carrots, cucumber, green peppers, radishes, and tomatoes, with miracle whip and sweet pickle relish to taste. Have not tried yet though.

Tomatoes, bell pepper (usually red), and most importantly, pickles!
For the meat I usually add ham though tuna also works really well.

My husband loves macaroni salad and requests it often. I thought I would share my very simple recipe.

Elbow noodles boiled, drained, dunked in cold water and redrained.
Ranch salad dressing ( I eye ball this and use enough to make the salad moist) You can use store bought or make your own. Personally I feel that homemade is best.
Fresh bacon bits.
Fresh diced tomatoes
Fresh diced green pepper
Fresh diced cucumbers
Salt & pepper to taste

I mix all of these ingredients together and chill before serving.

How do you make your Macaroni Salad?

As much as I'm a salad lover, I've never made it before! I love eating it, but never made it personally. Thank you for sharing your recipe! You share a lot of good ones.

@MyDigitalpoint that sounds very interesting. I would love to hear how you liked it once you give it a try.
@crimsonghost747 I have not tried it with ham or tuna. I might have to give the ham a whirl.
@PSLoveCharli I am glad you enjoy the recipes. I hope you will try some of them. Most of mine are easy peasy!

My recipe of Macaroni salad which my family loves and enjoy eating at home...

Cooked small elbow pasta for macaroni salad
Boiled chicken flakes
Chopped Vienna Sausage
Chopped carrots
Mayonnaise and All Purpose Cream mixed together (I do not use ready made salad dressing)
Pineapple tidbits (the more you put will make the salad more tastier)
Raisins
Sweet Pickles Relish
Salt and White Pepper to taste
Grated Cheese

Just mixed all the ingredients together in a big mixing bowl and put it in the refrigerator in a close container and let it cool before you serve it when it is time to eat..

One that I will make for my lunch is rather simple. Just some mini penne pasta, mayo (or Veganaise, which is even better and has a milder taste), tuna fish, fresh ground black pepper, sliced black olives, and chopped fresh dill. I usually get the tuna packed in olive oil, since it has a better texture and helps keep everything binded together. The tuna adds protien and makes it really filling. It also helps the dressing coat the pasta really well as it breaks apart. The fresh dill is what really gives it a distinct taste.

I know it seems kind of counter intuitive to use Veganaise when there is fish in the recipe, but that is how this was made at a local health food store where I would initially buy it from. I was really surprised at the flavor, which is not quite as tangy as traditional mayo - but it's nice because it lets the other flavors stand out more.

Back
Top Bottom