Made In Cookware

pocofan

Local time
2:54 AM
Does anybody own any of this brand ? How do you like them ? What is your recommendation for a good set of cookware for home use

Never heard of them. I went to their website, and it said "Made In kitchen products are made in the best factories around the world." So, given the low prices, I take that to mean Made In China, Bangladesh, Vietnam, etc.

They have some well-known chefs endorsing them, but chefs will endorse anything, if you pay them enough.

They are probably okay. But, since I don't know anyone who has them, and have never had one in my kitchen, I don't know.

CD

Here is the link for anyone interested: Made In Cookware - Premium Direct to Consumer Cookware and Knives

And here is their story (seems not to be China, Bangladesh made etc.).

I wouldn't say the prices were particularly cheap either. I wouldn't pay this much for a non-stick frying pan.

View attachment 48803
Exactly and this doesn't look like a proper carbon steel pan compared to De Buyer, Mauviel etc.. and it's even more expensive.
Had a look to their website and my impression is that they are using outsourced manufacturers for different products and marketing them under one brand. Maybe they are good, but I wouldn't risk it..

Exactly and this doesn't look like a proper carbon steel pan compared to De Buyer, Mauviel etc.. and it's even more expensive.
Had a look to their website and my impression is that they are using outsourced manufacturers for different products and marketing them under one brand. Maybe they are good, but I wouldn't risk it..

They don't sell carbon steel. They sell multi-ply cookware with stainless steel and aluminum layers, similar to All Clad.

As for price, I only looked at one of the multi-piece sets, and it seemed pretty cheap.

CD

They don't sell carbon steel. They sell multi-ply cookware with stainless steel and aluminum layers, similar to All Clad.

As for price, I only looked at one of the multi-piece sets, and it seemed pretty cheap.

CD

They do seem sell carbon steel (maybe you didn't spot it): Made In | Carbon Steel Collection

Maybe your idea of pretty cheap is rather different from mine! Unless, of course, they are selling much cheaper to the American market. I was looking at the UK version of the website.

They do seem sell carbon steel (maybe you didn't spot it): Made In | Carbon Steel Collection

Maybe your idea of pretty cheap is rather different from mine! Unless, of course, they are selling much cheaper to the American market. I was looking at the UK version of the website.

I didn't see the carbon steel. I don't think that was what pocofan was interested in.

The set I looked at, the 11-piece sous chef set, is $599, and has two sizes of that non-stick skillet. Now that I looked again, it appears to have a carbon steel skillet, as well.

They have a 14-piece set called "The Executive Chef" that sells for $849. That's a whole kitchen worth of pans for 850 bucks.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 10.49.46 AM.jpg

CD

I've never heard of the company. I typically won't buy any cookware without testing it first. I'll buy one piece and see how things go. If I like it, I may try one or two more before investing in a set. I don't trust any celebrity endorsing anything at any time for any reason. LOL

The only thing I can see from the website that bothers me a bit, is that Made In appears to use a brushed finish on the outside of their pans, instead of a polished finish. My experience with brushed finishes on anything is that they are harder to get clean, since stuff has a rough surface to grab onto.

Like MJD-L said, I would buy one pan first, try it, and if I like it, I might buy more. If I didn't like it, I'd return it, and move on. It is just so hard for me to make an assessment on a brand I've never heard of, let alone used -- or held in my hands.

CD

Last edited:
I didn't see the carbon steel. I don't think that was what pocofan was interested in.

The set I looked at, the 11-piece sous chef set, is $599, and has two sizes of that non-stick skillet. Now that I looked again, it appears to have a carbon steel skillet, as well.

They have a 14-piece set called "The Executive Chef" that sells for $849. That's a whole kitchen worth of pans for 850 bucks.

View attachment 48833

CD
Probably the one I would choose

I use what we have, my wife shops at Briscoes a lot, everything in there. Quite often she texts me a pic of an item (pan) and say do,we need one? Yay or nay from me.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom