Veteran
Local time
4:16 AM
1 cup frozen or fresh fruit
4 teaspoons honey, .agave syrup or maple syrup
4 cup granola
1 cup of greek yogurt, or your favorite yogurt
1 tablespoon chia seeds

In 4 4oz jars, layer the ingredients in order and seal. The will keep several days in the refrigerator.

I do really like yogurt and fruit parfaits. I might do this. Actually that sounds very good for lunch. I have never tried making them in advance. I usually just make them as needed. It would be good to do, if you wanted to have some ready to go to take to work or for an outing. It is another good suggestion. It is very helpful and something you can use if you are in a hurry.

I have been doing this for a while now. My friend has been on a Jarred food kick and she's gotten me into it. I've made small jars with hummus and veggies ready to be taken with us. Jarred Salads, jarred chia puddings, and of course, the jarred fruit parfait. It's really interesting trying to come up with ways to have the food ready made so we have just grab and go. I love pairing my parfaits with some roasted nuts too!

I really enjoy yogurt and fruit parfaits. I think I will give this one a try. I enjoy having them with my breakfast or lunch.

It took years for my daughter to understand why I would save jars and use them to store food or other things, she just threw them out. Now she has so many jars saved up I am the one throwing them out. I like to take my smoothie for later in a jar, drink it and dump the jar.

I will try making this later and let you know how it was :) thank you

This sounds really good, I'll have to give them a try. I have so many jars it's not even funny so it won't be a problem for me to find a few. I usually don't eat yogurt but I do like yogurt parfaits, probably because there are so many other things. My father-in-law gave me raw honey the other day so I'll be putting that in for sure. The only thing I don't have on hand really are the chia seeds.

Back
Top Bottom