Make Stromboli

Termyn8or

Local time
7:48 AM
For those who don't know it is a rolled up piece of thin dough with layers of ham, cheese, pepperoni and always banana peppers in the middle. hot or mild. The supposed inventor says this I guess. You can also add any pizza topping.

They give you dipping sauce but you can have sauce put right in it, might be good but I don't recall doing it.

Anyone ever make anything like this ? I have considered it, for one because if we make pizza it has to be done FAST. The A/C kicks on which means almost ze oven iz verboten ! But when it is a very shorrt time we do have one SERIOUS exhaust fan, which sucks out the cold air as well as the hot of course.

These should not take long to cook, not like a pizza where you are almost baking bread. If we want one in the cooling season we get the premade crusts, much quicker. But a stromboli can have everything a piza has, in fact could be made into rold up pizza. I just thought of it;

Take the big sheet of dough like they do, seriously this is not a burrito wrap. So before anything put s layer of sauce on it, then cheese. Put that in on the top rack on BROIL. When the cheese starts to melt get it out of there, flip to oven or turn it off for now, better to use the heat you got so it goes to like 425ºF. Now all the other things one woud have had on pizza, pepperoni, sausage, shrooms, peppers, black olives.

At the one end are the banana peppers, they are actually the axle to help it turn. I you can fold a burrito you can do the ends of these, I would flub it, it would work but not like it was supposed to. Close enough.

If you don't pizza-ise it, it is more like an Italian sub with a special bun grown on it.

T

Strombolis do not always have banana peppers.

And they take longer to cook than pizza if made in the traditional way . There's also no cooking and then rolling. That's just rolled up pizza, not a stromboli.

And they take longer to cook than pizza if made in the traditional way . There's also no cooking and then rolling. That's just rolled up pizza, not a stromboli.

That is one of my modifications, to make it into a rolled up pizza.

T

Back
Top Bottom