Making burgers

Oh yes, we love pork. I actually have heard of that burger with a mix of beef and pork but I haven't tried it yet. We buy the lean ground beef or pork always even if it is more expensive because I am also health conscious. That binder is my problem because one time I used corn starch and maybe it was over than the required. The burgers were like chocolate chips, huh. I want to try the burger with vegetable extenders but not the tofu because it ruins the taste. What I'm aiming at is the asparagus and cucumber. But I don't know exactly how to cook it.

I think you can also use mashed black beans and rice as binders. Just thoughts.

This is funny but I have difficulty in whipping up a good burger. My usual ingredients are ground beef, egg, crushed garlic, spring onions, corn starch, black pepper powder. After mixing, it is ready to cook. Although the taste is quite good to me, it is not that saleable to people in our house. And the texture is sometimes too tough but when exclude the corn starch in the ingredients, the burger becomes soggy. Do you have any other ingredient to add in order to make my burger more appealable?

I make burgers from ground beef, onions, grated carrot (same quantity as onions), egg, garlic and black pepper. I do not use corn starch. When the burgers have been shaped, I put them in the fridge for about half an hour before cooking them. They are definitely not soggy.

I make burgers from ground beef, onions, grated carrot (same quantity as onions), egg, garlic and black pepper. I do not use corn starch. When the burgers have been shaped, I put them in the fridge for about half an hour before cooking them. They are definitely not soggy.
Grated carrot is unusual in a meaty burger. Can you post the recipe?

Back
Top Bottom