Making chilli Jam and chutneys from frozen chillies

RickDastardly

Local time
4:37 AM
Hi all

So my Chilli Jams and Chutneys are going down a treat, I have already made so many I don't really need to make anymore for the moment.

I have just had the final harvest from my Chilli plants and I was wondering if I freeze the excess Chillies will they be OK to make jams and chutneys with in the future and will they preserve OK being made from frozen Chillis?

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

We freeze hundreds every season, wife cuts the green top off and freezes in two ways, seed in and seed out. Seed out I make Thai curries in paste form, keeps a few weeks. Then I also make a chilly sauce with frozen seed in. I use red capsicums as a carrier for the hundreds of chillies I add. I sent a bottle to Morning Glory a few months ago. Great on poached eggs, both my kids love it.

Russ

Hi all

So my Chilli Jams and Chutneys are going down a treat, I have already made so many I don't really need to make anymore for the moment.

I have just had the final harvest from my Chilli plants and I was wondering if I freeze the excess Chillies will they be OK to make jams and chutneys with in the future and will they preserve OK being made from frozen Chillis?

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

Btw the Thai paste I make I give to my kids and friends. It's so authentic it really is good.

Russ

rascal thanks for the reply, I will put them in the freezer then and make some more when everything runs out!

I love Thai curries but I've never thought of making Thai paste before that sounds like a great idea! I'd be interested in seeing your chilli sauce and Thai paste recipes if you don't mind sharing? Sounds really good! Maybe I'll use some of my excess chillies to make them instead.

Cheers,

Rick

rascal thanks for the reply, I will put them in the freezer then and make some more when everything runs out!

I love Thai curries but I've never thought of making Thai paste before that sounds like a great idea! I'd be interested in seeing your chilli sauce and Thai paste recipes if you don't mind sharing? Sounds really good! Maybe I'll use some of my excess chillies to make them instead.

Cheers,

Rick

I'll post when I have time. I make a red Thai curry paste, green and a yellow one for prawn curry.

My sauce I buy about 16 red capsicums, deseeded then face up I grill/ broil until they black char. Then I put a litre of malt vinegar and whole chillies and boil. Add a cup of sugar then I use a stick blender to combine it all. Boil then bottle. We have big and small chillies, different colours, I use the lot.

This paste later when I find book.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom