Making Jam

SlightlyConfused

Local time
7:49 AM
Sorry wrong forum just saw the canning one, was going to move it but cannot figure out how.

Well I never thought this day would come but I have made jam and at first I thought lots of jam but with the speed it is disappearing I think I did not make as much as I thought I did. I needed some jam for my fruit explosion muffins and I made a fruit filling for them before but I wanted to try my hand at making jams. I am glad I did it is fairly easy, low price entry point and when the fruit is in season it is cheap to make. I tweaked the jams a lot by adding more fruit and less sugar. It was my first time trying it.

I made blueberry, strawberry, a blueberry/strawberry mix jams and then I made a cherry sauce as well. I will never make lots but it is a fun and easy way to get jam and not having to buy it. People are loving it, I thought I had enough for a year but in the week or so half has been given away or eaten and those I gave it to have asked for more but I am not planning on making it often. I was just planning on making enough for my needs. With University starting and other things I have on the go it has been very, very busy lately so I am surprised I was able to fit making jam into it lol.

LAsNQPdx2iCc7H3AilNcnBBj6uzLC4ADaVQiclAdsqDemN8MYC878-P1ltwPfVW3f8U3hfsBzyqK2rykPY4sw0O8JpFnWRc9Yypr0wlsT0XvgVB4YFg-mibbToH1Vmiu6g6-qxfbiI3lwNRxSNIw75H47yL18RSpLhBTtc9gt-vYppHihuYGMr0oRHMGKyso4KDS94MI9bOiqROQxcj7oj0-fQJT4LafNYeJgajAMH08nLd4NyQzHpdgnFphD3qiZTS7OYQPhyrFyCvgQrRm4RNq51g-NgIjuCj82TDvHvh91rUrowJAk9ddsZ85BKADCaRlxZzI1yR_t92B8v-mrPIyXRASSoHsEerAvAcQIq_4Pdvu_8lvMgVXcTabgnxGdsh8BOcxHqOHiS0y0w56XRFqIXGZ_nXktdJTTmewb2FWOtsAlN70mKiv8qFDimNlKaQrEY9g2lUEnnuimKN3vDe4dTo_LOcRFU11oef91xXr2J1-2MLDycdi3jKuRgKWAWIhHZudq4yW0IOXrN8S82v7zKW0dVwfD8CxxijZjLlya684ZBbLrkpAOviztFMhIAtxIwXSNF9FpQDaJHMqI-JHnLGoill7w1Jplq5FiQH98yKJxXaaen8XlRDZhEw=w1393-h816-no

Last edited:
Well done for making it for the first time! I like to do it but I have to be 'in the mood'.

Your image doesn't display - try uploading direct from your computer/device.

Breadman Bread Machine_.jpg

Most bread machines can do that for you. Mine (pictured above) does. There's a jam cycle which can help take all the fuss & bother out of making the sweet concoction. :wink:

You add it (all the ingredients) right into the machine's bread pan that is in the oven area. The dough blade stirs it, so that you don't have to.

It's fast & easy! You're not making the amount that you'd make to put up in jars. Just enough to have some on hand in the fridge for toast.

Last edited:
You add it (all the ingredients) right into the machine's bread pan that is in the oven area. The dough blade stirs it, so that you don't have to.

It's fast & easy! You're not making the amount that you'd make t9o put up in jars. Just enough to have some on hand in the fridge for toast.

Gosh! Have you tried it? I have visions of a very sticky and hard to clean bread machine.

Back
Top Bottom