Making your own ground meat for burgers in food processor.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
11:14 AM
5ec97173951b3e540eefc1fa413dfd3c--philly-cheesesteaks-food-processor-recipes.jpg

Are you tired of the way that ground meat looks in your local supermarket? you buy bulk ground beef and it looks slightly brown in the middle. Same with burgers!

Well, today, ,I've had enough of it!! I'm going to start making my own. I'm so sick of stores trying to pass off ground meat as fresh, when they know that it's not!! It looks pretty on the outside, but in the middle, it looks slightly brown. Why do they do that?!!

Sick & tired of being sick & tired!!

Why do you need a burger press? According to the "gurus" you are supposed to gently pack and handle as little as possible.

With your love of gadgets, you should buy a grinder. We have a small LEM and it is SO much better than trying to use the FP, or the Kitchen Aid with the grinder attachment for that matter.

Last edited:
Great idea to mince your own beef if you eat burgers regularly. You can control which cuts of beef you use, and freeze it in batches. It's also the only safe way to eat your burgers undercooked, if that's your thing.

Why do you need a burger press? According to the "gurus" you are supposed to gently pack and handle as little as possible.

With your love of gadgets, you should buy a grinder. We have a small LEM and it is SO much better than trying to use the FP, or the Kitchen Aid with the grinder attachment for that matter.

I'd agree with both points here. A burger press is really one of those unnecessary gadgets.

I think that it's high time that I use the food processor for grind or chopping up meat for burgers.

A grinder would do the same thing, yes, but you can accomplish the same results with your FP.:wink:

It's awfully easy to go too far in a FP and end up with pasty ground meat instead of properly ground meat. Especially if you are doing large amounts and the FP starts to get warm.

Cuisinart Food Processor..jpg

It can be used for lots of things. :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom