Recipe Marinated chicken feet with kumquats and lemongrass

avon2p

Local time
5:53 PM
Mod.Edit: the photograph is from Viet Nam news: https://vietnamnews.vn/life-style/4...t-munchies-with-beer.html#xbvm5GypVl8oyXZA.97

Hi everyone. This is my recipe for the popular Vietnamese street food: marinated chicken feet with kumquats and lemongrass. Its flavor and taste are truly Vietnamese and it's easy to make.

vlog6_thumbnail.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2lbs – Chicken Feet
  • a cup of Lemongrass (sliced)
  • a cup of Kumquats (sliced)
  • 1/3 cup of Garlic (sliced)
  • ½ cup of Chili Pepper (sliced)
  • 2 tbsp – Ginger (sliced)
  • 6 – Lime Leaves ( sliced)
  • a cup of Sugar: a cup of Vinegar: a cup of Fish sauce : 4 cups of water
Instructions:
  • Wash the peeled chicken feet. Cut the nails off and chop the feet in half.
  • Add the feet and shallots into the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes.
  • Pick up the feet and soak them in a bowl of ice cubes and water until the ice cubes melt. Pick up the feet again and leave them to drain.
  • Slice lemongrass stalks, kumquats, ginger, garlic, chili peppers and lime leaves.
  • Combine 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of fish sauce and 4 cups of water, mix well and boil. Let the mixture cool completely.
  • Put all the feet, lemongrass, kumquats, ginger, garlic, chili peppers and lime leaves and pour the mixture into a big bowl (or jar, plastic box,...), stir well. Wrap up the bowl with plastic wrap, store in the refrigerator and wait for at least 2 hours to serve. It tastes better if you wait for a day.
Sorry for my bad English.I am not a native speaker of English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, saved but I will use chicken thighs. Thanks.

Russ
You can use any kind of meat (beef, pork) in this recipe. If you use chicken thighs, make sure to reduce the amount of kumquats and add more fish sauce (too many kumquats absorbed can make the meat a little bitter)

I am going to pass this one on to a friend who took my chicken feet in order to make a dish from them. I think she'd like to try this one. (As of last year I started raising my own chickens, mostly for eggs but also for dinner).

Usually, I use the chicken feet to make bone broth - but this looks great. I'll try it, too.

Back
Top Bottom