Recipe Marmite Butter

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:23 AM
Hardly a recipe at all! But I intend to experiment with using the butter in a few entries for the CookingBites Recipe Challenge, so I thought I'd start with posting the recipe. You could make a vegan* version by using vegetable margarine instead of butter. The butter could simply be spread straight on bread or crumpets or melted on top of baked potatoes but I'm going to experiment with some other ideas.
* Some vegans do not eat yeast in which case this recipe would not be suitable for them due to the yeast content in Marmite

DSCF3056.jpg

Ingredients
60g softened butter
1 tsp Marmite (or equivalent yeast extract spread)

Method

Mix the Marmite in to the butter. Add more Marmite if you wish. I found that the ratio was just about right for me - but if you prefer more, add more!

DSCF3058.jpg

Last edited:
Something like Nigella made
I think she might have done but I don't have her recipe. As I said...its not really a recipe! I am more interested in how to use it in other recipes! If you have her 'recipe' it would be interesting to compare and see the ratio of butter to Marmite. I just experimented and found the ratio about right for adding to other recipes as far as I was concerned.

Back
Top Bottom