Recipe Marmite Chocolate Brownies

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:16 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I've taken the recipe from here (http://www.arthurstreetkitchen.com/journal/2015/6/6/vegemite-chocolate-brownies), adapting it (slightly) to make it dairy free which the truth be known, wasn't difficult. To make it vegan, use 3tbsp of whisked aquafaba in place of the eggs, folding it into the batter.

Ingredients
  • 200g dairy free dark chocolate, chopped (or use dark choc buttons)
  • 175g dairy free margarine
  • 1 ½ tbsp Marmite (or 2 tsp sea salt flakes)
  • 300g caster sugar
  • 130g plain flour
  • 3 eggs
Method.
  1. Preheat the oven to 170˚C, 325˚F, Gas Mark 4 and grease an 8x10 inch baking tray with sides.
  2. Melt the chocolate and margarine in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or carefully in a microwave. Stir until melted and smooth, then remove from the heat and slowly stir the Marmite into the chocolate, mixing it in well.
  3. Add the sugar and stir well, next add the flour again stirring well.
  4. Finally, stir in the eggs and mix until thick and smooth. (If using aquafaba, fold the whisked aquafaba in a spoonful at a time until all is combined.)
  5. Pour the mixture into the greased tray and cook for 30-35 minutes.
  6. Leave to cool completely before cutting into 12-15 squares.

One day I will make some brownies and hope someone here will like em. So far no one seems to care much for them. No Marmite and I had to look up Sea Salt Flakes. Other than me being short of the ingredients, the recipe seems simple enough.

Back
Top Bottom