Matty Matheson cook book for xmas

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:38 PM
My son says he never knows what to buy me at Xmas, so he bought the above book, Matty was born in Saint John New Brunswick. It's not just a cook book, but he tells his life and explains his love of food. Like most chefs he over indulged in booze and drugs. I really like it so far. I've picked up a few things I want to try.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
I see he has show, called it's supper time, watching it now, the guys good IMHO. Surprised it's on early and r16. The guy has a potty mouths, doesn't bother me though. Just doing a tomahawk steak, hmmmmm.

Russ

I saw one episode with him on a show here, he really had me laughing.

He was making spaghetti and meatballs, or something similar, and he was cooking and talking, talking and cooking, but he reached a simmering phase, and he went kind of quiet for a minute or so, and finally he said...

"I don't know about you, but in my house, if somebody's making meatballs, somebody's getting a b***job!"

I couldn't stop laughing! :laugh:

I see he has show, called it's supper time, watching it now, the guys good IMHO. Surprised it's on early and r16. The guy has a potty mouths, doesn't bother me though. Just doing a tomahawk steak, hmmmmm.

Russ

Yes, his language is, um, colorful.

If you want to have a good laugh, and learn a little bit about Oklahoma "culture," watch this video...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JkcZRBUNtw

And, if you enjoyed that, there is a part two...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCRhrWpDbI

CD

I saw one episode with him on a show here, he really had me laughing.

He was making spaghetti and meatballs, or something similar, and he was cooking and talking, talking and cooking, but he reached a simmering phase, and he went kind of quiet for a minute or so, and finally he said...

"I don't know about you, but in my house, if somebody's making meatballs, somebody's getting a b***job!"

I couldn't stop laughing! :laugh:

Lol, he was talking about a butt$&@& lol. I taped an episode on cod n smashed potatoes .

Russ

I had seen the first one, I enjoyed the second, thanks. I will watch more when I see them, the buttermilk chicken I missed by minutes.

Russ

I'm not offended by profanity. Working around old cars and the people who keep them running (sometimes), you hear a lot of profanity. I am not immune to dropping the occasional F-Bomb, either. But, Matty sometimes pushes my limits. And, why does he have to yell everything? Dude, can you turn the volume down while you tell me how you sauté onions?

CD

I'm not offended by profanity. Working around old cars and the people who keep them running (sometimes), you hear a lot of profanity. I am not immune to dropping the occasional F-Bomb, either. But, Matty sometimes pushes my limits. And, why does he have to yell everything? Dude, can you turn the volume down while you tell me how you sauté onions?

CD

First job was sheet metal shop,then engineering shop, plenty of profanity there. Not as a kid though, I would have got soap in my biscuit/ cookie hole. :)

Russ

CD
Yup, I'm with you on yelling. I'm really sensitive to loud volumes, especially when there's no need for it.

I know people are sensitive to sound, I get p$&&@& off with tv ads here, the volume goes up, wtf? It really ps me off, I have to mute tv when ads come on. Grrrrr

Russ
Same here. There are FCC rules on how much louder ads can be over the show they're advertising on, but they're largely ignored, I think.

I also hate movies with loud soundtracks/sound effects. I'm always zipping the volume up and down.

Same here. There are FCC rules on how much louder ads can be over the show they're advertising on, but they're largely ignored, I think.

I also hate movies with loud soundtracks/sound effects. I'm always zipping the volume up and down.

Ditto on kids movies as well, I had the remote and kept adjusting the volume. Like level 30 to level 60. Hell its 2021 why can't they get it right.?

Russ

The only thing I like loud is good music. As the saying goes, "My neighbors listen to good music, whether they want to or not." :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom