Maximum file sizes for attachments?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:53 AM
I've noticed that when you download pics to CookingBites they can't be over ~2,6 MB/pic.

[Mod.Edit: this post and several following posts moved from another thread (MG).]

Not sure about that - quite a few of mine are larger and I upload them straight to the forum without reducing. The forum reduces the size. Here is an example. Shot on Samsung Galaxy S7 .You can see the file size in the screenshot here (3.8mb).

And here is that same photo uploaded directly to cookingbites:

Last edited:
Not sure about that - quite a few of mine are larger and I upload them straight to the forum without reducing. The forum reduces the size. Here is an example. You can see the file size in the screenshot here (3.8mb)

View attachment 52375

And here is that same photo uploaded directly to cookingbites:

View attachment 52376
oops.JPG

When I try to upload a ~4 MB image, this happens every time.

... there are a few members here, such as TastyReuben who upload direct from their phone. His images look like they are high resolution large files. TastyReuben could you check the size of your photos and post one here that is over 2.5MB?

... there are a few members here, such as TastyReuben who upload direct from their phone. His images look like they are high resolution large files. TastyReuben could you check the size of your photos and post one here that is over 2.5MB?
Sure, here's one I uploaded earlier. My phone says it's 5.4MB:

I don't know what it gets reduced to once it's uploaded.

You know, when you upload photos, you get that little running tally of how much storage space you have allotted on CB. I've always wondered why it never seems to go down much...now I know! :)

I don't get that... I mean I don't get the storage space message. Is that because you are uploading them to Media?

Back
Top Bottom