mayonnaise based spread

Local time
6:41 PM
I'm always on the lookout to make a better sandwich. I took some mayo, a bit of ranch dressing, cajiun seasoning and a bit of cinnamon and created a pretty good spread. But it's for my taste and not necessarily for everyone. I'm interested in other mayo based spreads for sandwiches.

When it comes to sandwiches, I like to keep them simple, either spreading some mayonnaise, sour cream or mustard, but rarely a mix of ingredients for a spread.

Well, the cooking shows on Food Network have me curious to try different things. I'm usually a miracle whip or mustard kind of guy, but every now and then I want to create a different kind of flavor. Just curious to see what others may have come up with.

In most cases, the mayo based "special sauce" that a lot of restaurants use on their hamburgers is just some variation on Thousand Island dressing. It's basically just mayo, mixed with ketchup and diced pickles. Some other variations I like to make are sun dried tomato mayo - which is exactly what it sounds like. Just take some sun dried tomatoes packed in oil and mix them with some mayo in a blender or mini food processor. The other one is equally simple, and I use it most often on roast beef sandwiches, just mix some horse radish with mayo to taste. It's also great as a dipping sauce for breaded and deep fried veggies.

Oooh, good idea Tom! These sauce ideas are great for dipping and I tend to forget that. I'm not a huge fan of the Thousand Island dressing concept. I want it to have a bit of a kick. Chipotle would probably work pretty well in with it.

Back
Top Bottom