Mcdonalds big mac recipe

*BUMP* My kids would love it if I could make big macs at home (and so would I to be honest!)

If I know, I will be eating Big Macs all day! I guess it's just a very special burger.

I once came across a video of Mcdonalds' head chef himself giving the recipe on YouTube and if I'm not mistaken it's even on the official McDonald's account. I don't think they are trying to keep the recipe a secret. Although, for some reason the result didn't look like what you would get at a restaurant but I assume it's just because of the non cookie cutter ingredients used.

Actually, you can try to work for McDonalds incognito to have a first-hand experience of the procedure necessary to whip up a Big Mac. I'm sure they're not that stingy with their recipe as long as you're a trusted personnel. You see, most food companies value their cooking and they try to guard their secrets lest they leak to their competitors.

I don't think you really need much of a recipe to be honest, it's rather straight forward just by looking at it.

Of course it's not going to taste exactly the same because their meat patties contain a bunch of other chemicals and flavor enhancers in them that is not practical to recreated at home. These give their burgers their signature smell, but even without that enhancement you can make something fairly close.

I believe the "secret sauce" on the Big Mac is nothing more than a mixture of mayo, ketchup and sweet pickle relish - much like a Thousand Island dressing. Then you would need some shredded Romaine lettuce, a couple slices of American Cheese, and your burger buns, with the extra bottom bun or the "heel" which I believe it's referred to as.

Lightly butter and toast your buns, then add the sauce mixture to them along with the shredded lettuce. Melt the cheese over the burger patties, then assemble it all. I cannot recall if there are dill pickle slices on it or not, but if so add those too.

Here you go buddy.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • "special sauce"
  • 5 slices of American cheese
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion
  • 15 dill pickle slices
Instructions
In a bowl combine ground chuck and salt and pepper. Shape meat into 10 meat patties. Shape patties somewhat thin. Set a griddle to 350 degrees. Place meat on griddle and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Flip burgers and cook for an addition 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until juices from the meat run clear.

Spread softened butter on cut sides of bun and place on griddle until the bread begins to brown. Flip the middle bun and allow to toast on the both sides.

Build the burger by starting at the bottom. The bottom bun, Big Mac sauce, onions, lettuce, cheese, hamburger patty, and the middle bun. Spread the Big Mac sauce, onion, lettuce, hamburger patty, two or three pickle slices, and finally the top bun.

Back
Top Bottom