Meat injector

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
1:47 PM
This bad boy arrived in the post yesterday:
IMG_1294.JPG

Apparently, they are a very popular with serious barbequers, but this was bought to inject festive butter into a turkey crown. Any tips would be welcome - I've never used one before!

Ah...I have one too! Haven't used it in a while. Co-incidentally I was going to post asking for suggestions on how to use it!

Once I tried injecting the Christmas turkey with ghee. It wasn't good.... butter might work better. I'm sure it could be used for injecting other things (not just meat)...

Giant throws needle.gif

Kind of reminds me of THIS scene in the'50s sci-fi film The Amazing Colossal Man.:headshake:

Last edited:
Once I tried injecting the Christmas turkey with ghee. It wasn't good.... butter might work better. I'm sure it could be used for injecting other things (not just meat)...

Liquid turkey marinades usually come with an injector. Once known & available only in the South, it is now available in the
North as well. :wink:

Yes, this is what I bought it for. I found a recipe involving orange, chestnut and cranberry butter for injecting into turkey breasts. However, I've just noticed that the picture accompanying the recipe shows big chunks of chestnut and pieces of cranberry. It looks very festive but I can't see how it would pass through the needle! Not a very well thought through plan!

Yes, this is what I bought it for. I found a recipe involving orange, chestnut and cranberry butter for injecting into turkey breasts. However, I've just noticed that the picture accompanying the recipe shows big chunks of chestnut and pieces of cranberry. It looks very festive but I can't see how it would pass through the needle! Not a very well thought through plan!
Orange, chestnut and cranberry butter? That sounds very odd... do you have a link to the recipe?

Perhaps the extra chestnuts and cranberries were a garnish.

Back
Top Bottom