Meat Pastes

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
6:58 AM
Meat Paste is something new for me, having only this morning stumbled upon the concept and certain bottled or canned meat paste products. The most common commercially available meat pastes are beef and chicken. I imagine that meat pastes can get very specific too, like using livers and certain specific meat sections.

Looking at the ingredients of the commercially available meat pastes, I want to laugh and say that the ingredients are floor sweepings from the slaughter house. But some folks say that about sausages and I of course, like sausages. Meat pastes however, are a lot easier to make in the kitchen, than sausages. But hey,, this stuff can be made in the kitchen and have better control put on ingredients, including spicing it up.

Web articles hint at what meat pastes might be used for, but I imagine the stuff might have a myriad of uses, some inventive and creative.

Have you ever used a meat paste? Did you make your own or use store bought? What did you use it for?

If you have never used a meat paste, does it sound like something you could make good use of? How would you?

Yep - I´m very partial to GH´s patés, too. If you´ve never tasted a paté de fois gras, I can only say it´s a phenomenal experience.
Chicken liver paté, if you know how to make it, is also delicious, but if it´s not made right it can be bitter.

Yep - I´m very partial to GH´s patés, too. If you´ve never tasted a paté de fois gras, I can only say it´s a phenomenal experience.
Chicken liver paté, if you know how to make it, is also delicious, but if it´s not made right it can be bitter.
Haven't had devilled ham in donkeys, but I remember it being tasty. Agree though goose liver foie is hard to beat. I also like the more rustic country pate's but that's getting away from the OP's subject.

I grew up eating and making cretons..especially around Christmas..they are very easy recipes and a good introduction into making pastes.

This stuff is super-popular in Venezuela:

Devilled Ham

Underwood Deviled Ham, I haven't seen that in ages.

CD
Regular purchase here, and a can of it always shows up in my wife’s Christmas stocking.

Every deli around here serves a few variations of ham/sandwich spread, pretty much the same thing. One place in particular, it’s what they’re known for above all else. When the store changed hands, they hung a big sign out front that said, “NEW OWNERS NEW NAME SAME SANDWICH SPREAD!” :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom