Meat versus fish versus vegetable

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
10:36 PM
Our daily food regimen is mostly meat so we are susceptible to diseases. But lately we are trying to correct that by cooking vegetable dishes more often and also fish at least once a week. In fact, our lunch now is that small fish called Tawilis which is caught only in Taal Lake, that volcano lake in the province of Batangas.

What is the usual food you serve in the kitchen?

Meat has become very expensive, so I've been substituting more eggs, tuna fish and peanut butter, but still eat meat on occasion. I try to balance out my meals with protein, starch and vegetables, and add in some fruit for snacks throughout the days. I've always loved vegetables, so even when I ate more meat, I still ate a good variety of vegetables.

It's impossible for me to compare those. All of them are important in their own way. A vegetarian might disagree, but I personally can't live without meat - it's just something I'm used to and taking it away would be terrifying. Fish is great - cooking it once a week sounds pretty reasonable to me. Still, vegetables rule the world - I try to eat/prepare vegetable dishes as frequently as possible.

I am a meat and fish person, but like above meat is becoming very expensive. Fish is still affordable though. I go for cheaper meat. Pork is still excellent value here and I can buy a large joint for say £6.00 and because there are only 2 of us, I can cut it Into 3 pieces and have 3 joints. I also eat a lot of eggs, and spaghetti bolognese. Mince is cheap as well. Chilli is also eaten a lot in my house. Again using mindec beef.

I love fish and although some is quite expensive, again depending on what fish, it is still affordable here in the UK.

if I had to exist on vegetables, I'd starve to death.

Back
Top Bottom