Meatless Monday's Anyone?

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
7:49 AM
Meatless Monday's are all the rage these days and I have tried to talk my husband into participating in this but he simply refuses. The concept of Meatless Monday's is to improve the life of the individual and the life of the planet.
If you have never heard of Meatless Monday's you can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatless_Monday

Do you participate in Meatless Monday's? Would you be willing to participate in Meatless Monday's?

Most of the meals that I eat are meatless and I am sure that many of them do fall on Monday. Its a worth cause so I will make sure that I have one of my meat - chicken free days be Monday.

Most of the meals that I eat are meatless and I am sure that many of them do fall on Monday. Its a worth cause so I will make sure that I have one of my meat - chicken free days be Monday.

Hubby is wanting to go on a diet. They are having a big contest at his work and the grand prize is $100. He wants to win. I am thinking that I can slip some Meatless Monday's in this month.

I've thought about doing this too. Like you though, my husband refuses. He is strictly a meat and potatoes man. I just try to incorporate vegetables in all my meals whether its a tomato sauce or side of veggies or something else. I get creative!

We do this, but for some reason we do it on Tuesday. Generally we don't eat a lot of meat, and the meat we do eat is always organic, but I like having one day set aside a week to try a new vegetarian dish. Sometimes we try a meat substitute but generally the meal is something pasta based.

Actually I have never really thought of having a meatless Monday, or any other day for that matter. However, it is a good idea. Everyday I eat some kind of meat with my meals, whether it be chicken, lamb, pork or fish. I think the only time I may have left out meat is around the time leading up to Easter, the lenten season. At that time I would choose to go on a semi fast and leave out having a heavy meal at least once a week, but that would be on a Friday, not a Monday. So, yes, meat would be left out then. We have a habit here of eating leftover food on Mondays, which would be from our Sunday meal the day before, and it always contains meat. If I had to choose a day to go meatless, it would most likely be a Saturday. Here we usually do not eat too heavily on Saturdays - that is a day we choose not to cook, but to buy some kind of fast food. So, I will think about it.

Meatless Monday's are all the rage these days and I have tried to talk my husband into participating in this but he simply refuses. The concept of Meatless Monday's is to improve the life of the individual and the life of the planet.
If you have never heard of Meatless Monday's you can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatless_Monday

Do you participate in Meatless Monday's? Would you be willing to participate in Meatless Monday's?
I follow meatless Monday everyday. I'm on a plant base vegan diet. Cities across the nation are starting to incorporated this day into their diet. It's great to see a start. "A long walk starts with one step."

You know I've served vegetarian dishes to my friends who never even realized there was no meat in the dish! I think you could do a meatless Monday and not to tell them and they wouldn't even notice. There are dishes they have a meaty texture, so they wouldn't know, but it does help to cut down on saturated fats and also increase the vegetable intake, so it can be healthy, at least once a week.

Back
Top Bottom