Recipe Mediterranean aubergine rolls

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:35 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Ingredients for about 10 aubergine rolls:

• 2 sprig of fresh thyme (or basil if you prefer)
  • 1 aubergine
  • 100 g. of mozzarella
  • extra virgin olive oil to taste
  • n° 15 black or green pitted olives
  • dried oregano
  • a teaspoon of capers
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • tomato sauce 100 ml
  • 2/3 cherry tomatoes

Method:

Pre-heat the oven.
Cut the aubergine for the lenght and get about 10 slices, do not make them too thin.
Put the slices on an already hot grill..In a bowl put some oil and dive some thyme sprigs ... now pass the thyme sprig on the aubergines on the grill and brush on them with it.
Meanwhile dice the mozzarella and mince the olives and cherry tomatoes.
In a bowl mix the tomato sauce with salt, pepper, oregano and oil,some capers, cherry tomatoes and some thyme leaflets. Remove the eggplant slices from the grill, put them on a large plate and on each slice, add some tomato sauce, a few cubes of mozzarella, a few crushed olives and a few fresh thyme leaves (or basil) . Roll each slice, put them in a baking dish with a little oil and on each slice put the tomato sauce if leftover, as I did. Put in the oven for about 15 minutes to 180 degrees.
Ready! Buon appetito :hungry:
Mediterranean aubergine rolls.jpg

Thank you. I will try this recipe. I like it because it doesn't use too much oil - a lot of recipes do.

Can you clarify - you say put the aubergine on an already hot grill. 'Grill' has different meanings in US and UK. In UK a grill is an overhead source of heat (called broiler in US). Are you using a pan to grill the aubergines over the heat?

Last edited:
Thank you. I will try this recipe. I like it because it doesn't use too much oil - a lot of recipes do.

Can you clarify - you say put the aubergine on an already hot grill. 'Grill' has different meanings in US and UK. In UK a grill is an overhead source of heat (called broiler in US). Are you using a pan to grill the aubergines over the heat?

I mean this..
20170503_201435.jpg

Back
Top Bottom