Recipe Melon drink

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
3:45 AM
It is actually the Spanish cantaloupe that we call melon here, that one with the orange flesh. So good to eat the slices when sweet but what if it is not sweet? What we do is to make it into a melon drink.

Cut in half the cantaloupe and press the seeds to get the liquid. Take away the seeds and grate the cantaloupe in strips - similar to the strips of a grated young coconut. Place the grated cantaloupe stips in a pitcher and pour the liquid taken from the center of the cantaloupe. Add ice and sugar to taste. Eat with a fork to assist your drinking with the strips.

I have done this with an average sized watermelon before too! It is pretty sweet with a sprig of mint. Strange how one watermelon makes a large glass of drink. Is the spanish cantaloupe the same as the regular cantaloupe? I eat those all the time and the flesh is orange as well. Would you do this with the honeydew melon as well? I like both of those and I can get them quite easily.

This is an interesting way to eat cantaloupe, I have not heard of this before. This could be a better way to eat the melon for me as I am not a big lover of cantaloupe or honey dew melons. Watermelon is my favorite, we eat watermelon as fast as it comes into the house, usually just sliced up in small slices and drink the juice.

Melon drinks are the best. Cantaloupes are also melons, right? If not sorry.

So I like to make melon drink with an electric egg-beater. I cut a hole in the melon then break it's insides with the egg beater - it is easier with traditional watermelons, then you can add straws and drink it.

Or vodka and drink it. Whichever way you prefer.

You can add vanilla flavor or the real vanilla pod to the drink if you prefer then pour in a cup of milk and add shaven ice. I love the sweet smell of this fruit. It makes me crave for more although I am usually good with just a glass.

@Bakemehappy I think this is one delicious recipe to make a melon drink. The milk, vanilla together with the shaven ice will make the melon to enhance more its flavor and I will surely love drinking melon this way. Thanks for sharing :)

The first thing I thought when I saw melon drink is Japanese melon soda! It's sold in cans and bottles here (there's a few different manufacturers!) but it's really nice and refreshing, and a flavour of soda that I had never seen anywhere else in the world until living here.

I am not sure if we are talking about the same melon but i saw a video on facebook where a hole was cut in large melon and a simgle head blender was inserted blending the inside to liquid and then poured out making a great looking juice. I guess the seeds had to be part of the drink.

Back
Top Bottom