Recipe Melon Ice Cream

Local time
2:59 AM
Ice cream comes in many flavours, but since I like most ice cream, it is hard to say which flavour I like best. I do like ice cream which is fruit-flavoured though. I have tasted cherry ice cream, mango ice cream and strawberry ice cream, to name a few. I don't think I have ever tasted a melon-flavoured ice cream though, but it ought to be nice since ice cream meshes well with most fruit.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound (500 g) Cantaloupe melon pulp
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
  • 1 cup (240g) whipping cream (35% fat)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:

1. Add the melon pulp into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Mix egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored. You can do that over a double boiler too.
3. In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream through the egg yolks mixture.
4. Add melon puree and stir to combine.
5. Transfer in a covered storage container and place in the freezer.
6. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Thaw ice cream 8 to 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.

melon_icecream_mainimage.jpg

http://www.homecookingadventure.com/recipes/melon-ice-cream

This sounds delicious! I love cantaloupe and I know it would be a great fruit flavor for ice cream. I am going to have to make this soon because my husband is also a huge fan of cantaloupe.

I love eating melon by adding milk or all purpose cream, sugar and crushed ice especially during summer days. I think this Melon ice cream recipe is a good idea too and I can't wait to give this a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

Melon ice cream sounds interesting and it's a flavour I have never seen anywhere I have been. I am a rum and raisin and coconut flavour person, but this is something I would definitely try.

Back
Top Bottom