Mexican - Has anyone ever made enchaladas before?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
10:03 PM
I've always wondered how they would come out if I did them.
I just watch the show How It's Made on the Science Channel, & in this particular ep, one of the segments included Veggie Enchiladas.

It's a Mexican dish, And I like Mexican food. I once saw Emeril Lagasse make them on his show Essence of Emeril years ago. I recorded it, but I can't find it. :wink:

Last edited:
The ones that I saw being made have tofu, and I don't like tofu, so I want to leave that out. :headshake: :yuck::sick::stop:

Last edited:
I make enchiladas all the time. Sometimes I use chicken but usually the kids request beef. What I do is to mix browned ground beef with browned pork sausage. Combine the meat with some enchilada sauce (I usually just use the canned stuff, haven't ever made my own), cheese, and garlic, roll it up into a tortilla, cover it with more sauce and cheese, and pop it in the oven. It's a winner dinner!

I love making enchiladas at home! I cook everything from scratch, including the sauce. I found a great recipe on Pinterest for black bean and spinach enchiladas. The first time I made them was for a dinner party and my mom liked them so much she wanted me to make a batch and freeze them. Here's the link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/321796335844213002/.

I have never made any but I had a look at the recipe that ChanellG linked us to and it looks really good. Perhaps it is something I can have a go at. I had a second look and it looks like I possibly have the ingredients. Nice recipe.

You know what's interesting? I live in a predominately Spanish market area. I believe I've made everything I possibly could with all the ingredients yet I've only made enchiladas once. I make tacos on a regular basis. I've even made homemade mole (which takes forever & a million ingredients if you're familiar) but enchiladas are really not at the top of my list.

I have a cousin from California who makes good enchilada... at least that's what he says. He is actually the cousin of my husband and comes for a vacation here often. What I like in his cooking is the chili beans that my husband had already perfected. But with enchilada, I haven't tasted it although my family seemed to like it.

I have never made enchiladas before however i think i ate about two times at a Mexican restaurant and i must say i enjoyed it immensely. This is an idea to entertain been that my daughter will soon be on school break; lots of mess and fun in the kitchen.

I haven't but this sure sounds good! I really love Mexican food and would love to try making this. I am sure my family would love this also. Just the name itself sounds appetizing. Mexican food is one of my favorite. My husband has tried making tameles and they were pretty darn good. I am willing to try anything.

I love making enchiladas at home! I cook everything from scratch, including the sauce. I found a great recipe on Pinterest for black bean and spinach enchiladas. The first time I made them was for a dinner party and my mom liked them so much she wanted me to make a batch and freeze them. Here's the link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/321796335844213002/.

That's great! Do you mean that you make the tortillas too.

What's the difference between enchiladas and tacos? Is it just that enchiladas are tacos covered in hot/spicy sauce? And how does a quesadilla differ? :scratchhead:

All UK based members beware,I went to a weather spoons today as i was running late ,and it is next door to the bank where I had a appointment ,they have a special range of Mexican food ,so thought a quiesadilla and a pint would make a quick lunch ,but it resembled a crispy cow pat ,and on my ride tonight at 40 miles it made a guest appearance ......and my wife's burrito was a soggy piece of poorly delivered mess ,now kfc do a great burrito at the moment ,but you normally have a wait ,for it to be made

Back
Top Bottom