Recipe & Video Mexican Street Corn / Elote

FoodFighter

Local time
12:44 AM
Website
www.youtube.com
Street corn > contains video

Mexican Street Corn or "Elote" refers to fresh corn which is served on the cob or cut kernels. If on the cob is it either grilled or boiled then coated with mayonnaise and dusted with any of the following: chili pepper, salt, cotija cheese, lime juice and hot sauce.

Ingredients
4 ears of corn
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Paramesian or cotija cheese
A handful of Cilantro/Coriander
1 lime, quartered
Hot sauce (such as Frank's Hot Sauce)
Chilli powder (such as Tajin or Chipotle Seasoning)
Corn holders

Instructions
BBQ or grill the corn
When corn is cool enough to touch but still warm, insert corn holder.
Brush corn with the sour cream & mayonnaise & Cilantro emulsion, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese and squeeze of lime wedge. Add hot sauce and chili powder to taste.
Repeat with remaining ears of corn and serve.

INSTRUCTIONS

c8e2b0_23aa84624a1d41a39cc2a57ebed25b16~mv2.webp

BBQ or grill the corn
c8e2b0_f26953fa2adb4d1084794c98a4a44685~mv2.webp

Brush corn with the sour cream & mayonnaise & Cilantro emulsion, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese and squeeze of lime wedge.
Add hot sauce and chili powder to taste.

Last edited:
Street corn > contains video

Mexican Street Corn or "Elote" refers to fresh corn which is served on the cob or cut kernels. If on the cob is it either grilled or boiled then coated with mayonnaise and dusted with any of the following: chili pepper, salt, cotija cheese, lime juice and hot sauce.

Ingredients
4 ears of corn
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Paramesian or cotija cheese
A handful of Cilantro/Coriander
1 lime, quartered
Hot sauce (such as Frank's Hot Sauce)
Chilli powder (such as Tajin or Chipotle Seasoning)
Corn holders

Instructions
BBQ or grill the corn
Brush corn with the sour cream & mayonnaise & Cilantro emulsion, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese and squeeze of lime wedge. Add hot sauce and chili powder to taste.

INSTRUCTIONS

c8e2b0_23aa84624a1d41a39cc2a57ebed25b16~mv2.webp

BBQ or grill the corn
c8e2b0_f26953fa2adb4d1084794c98a4a44685~mv2.webp

Brush corn with the sour cream & mayonnaise & Cilantro emulsion, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese and squeeze of lime wedge.
Add hot sauce and chili powder to taste.

View attachment 85715 View attachment 85716
Looks fantastic! Unfortunately can't eat corn unless it's pureed due to having no colon. I miss this sometimes.

The only time we've had it, it was previously frozen, yuck!
Yeah, apparently guests have asked what it was and have gotten polarizing responses lol. People like it and a few weeks ago had a Mexican couple rave about it, so we kept it on the menu when we were doubtful. Personally I thought it tasted well balanced with the tamale but on it's own I'm not so much a fan, but then again it's the first time I've ever use it or tasted it. Not a popular item in Canada.

Yeah, apparently guests have asked what it was and have gotten polarizing responses lol. People like it and a few weeks ago had a Mexican couple rave about it, so we kept it on the menu when we were doubtful. Personally I thought it tasted well balanced with the tamale but on it's own I'm not so much a fan, but then again it's the first time I've ever use it or tasted it. Not a popular item in Canada.
Thats like telling someone what Uni is before letting them try it (which they usually won't). Does your county include PEI? Love the mussels!

Thats like telling someone what Uni is before letting them try it (which they usually won't). Does your county include PEI? Love the mussels!
I will be bringing Uni in for the first time when the season starts up again, lol. We have a very adventurous clientele. PEI is famous for mussels for sure but can't hold a candle to the west coast "Salt Spring Island" muscles, it's not even close. Cheers.

Last edited:
I will be bringing Uni in for the first time when the season starts up again, lol. PEI is famous for mussels for sure but can't hold a candle to the west coast "Salt Spring Island" muscles, it's not even close. Cheers.
They have geoduck out west as well?

Back
Top Bottom