Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata

2 (8 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 TB. unsalted butter, divided
1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc or other crisp, tart white wine
1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
2 TB. capers, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

1. Split chicken breast halves in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Place each cutlet between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each cutlet to 1/4" thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle cutlets evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge cutlets in flour.
2. Melt 1 TB. of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cutlets to pan, and saute 2 minutes. Turn cutlets over; saute for 1 minute. Remove cutlets from pan. Repeat the procedure with remaining 1 TB. butter and 2 cutlets.
3. Add wine to pan, and bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 2 TB. (about 4 minutes), Stir in juice and capers. Serve over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings

Source: Cooking Light mag. March 2011

Thanks for posting. I'll be making this (or something inspired by this) in the next few weeks.

What does 'Piccata' mean? Its not a term often heard in the UK. When I googled some sources referred to thin noodles.

I also found this:
Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 21.24.08.png

Here it is a chicken cutlet served like the recipe says. DH makes it for me a lot, I like the lemon in it. Except I like mine with thigh cutlets.

Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata

2 (8 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 TB. unsalted butter, divided
1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc or other crisp, tart white wine
1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
2 TB. capers, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

1. Split chicken breast halves in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Place each cutlet between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each cutlet to 1/4" thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle cutlets evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge cutlets in flour.
2. Melt 1 TB. of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cutlets to pan, and saute 2 minutes. Turn cutlets over; saute for 1 minute. Remove cutlets from pan. Repeat the procedure with remaining 1 TB. butter and 2 cutlets.
3. Add wine to pan, and bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 2 TB. (about 4 minutes), Stir in juice and capers. Serve over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings

Source: Cooking Light mag. March 2011

Thanks, I'll be trying this.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom