Minneapolis live

Glad that's not happening in my city. It's sad and horrible behavior.

Glad that's not happening in my city. It's sad and horrible behavior.

That can be said of the cops involved, too. They lit the fuse. There's a lot of pent up anger that exploded with this particular killing. The cop who was charged with murder was caught on something like four videos--- committing murder. The other cops who participated or looked and did nothing should be charged with something. Not murder, but something for their roles.

I suspect the burning and looting are the work of a minority of the protesters, but like I said, the anger on this one is higher than usual because of the blatant actions of the cop kneeling on a man's neck. That, and it was captured on so many videos.

That said, racism is not a "murcan" invention. It's alive and well in a whole lot of countries.

CD

It's true. But breaking windows and looting, damaging small businesses near protest sites, businesses who are already struggling to get by in times of COVID-19, it's just deplorable. Stealing and breaking things in the name of protesting is not justifable.

Yes, but imagine a couple hundred Black folks protesting with firearms, like the Covid-19 protesters. I can't imagine that being tolerated...

Unknown-2.jpeg

CD

That's exactly what he wants, don't get used to his behaviour because that's how it gets normalised.
In the past, we'd get maybe one presidential "did he just say that?" moment every couple of months - and that's regardless of party or president.

With this one, we're averaging about four a week. Before you can recover from the shock of one, he comes out with two or three more. It's a brilliant strategy, really.

Can't wait until November so we can vote him out. I've never liked him, not even even when he was on his ridiculous reality TV show. He's a buffoon. Egotistical megalomaniac, narcissistic sociopath.

Yes, but imagine a couple hundred Black folks protesting with firearms, like the Covid-19 protesters. I can't imagine that being tolerated...

View attachment 41331

CD
And how does that relate to my statement that it is not justifiable for protesters to break windows and damage property of small business owners?

It's also terrible that the violent offenders are setting things on fire, painting graffiti and vandalizing police cars, etc. I feel really bad for the many "good" police out there, many people in that line of work are honest, decent folks who really care about public service.

My sister and I went for a drive today near the downtown area. There was a peaceful protest going on. I didn't see any signs of trouble. Hope it stays that way.

Last edited:
And how does that relate to my statement that it is not justifiable for protesters to break windows and damage property of small business owners?

Showing up at a protest armed to the teeth is justifiable? That's okay? many people look right past that. But, would we look past it if the gun-toting protesters were black? I doubt it. And, why would you assume that the people setting fires and looting are real protestors? How about oportunistic outsiders taking advantage of a situation.

BTW, your first post was all about the bad behavior at the protests. Not one mention of the man who was murdered on camera by a cop. Not picking on you -- that's how a lot of Americans see the world. That's a big part of the problem.

By the way, did you check out any of the few news stories showing good citizens, black and white, cleaning up today after the mayhem last night? Riots get a lot more attention than cleaning up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh15ZhuKLck

CD

Last edited:
It seemed blatantly obvious to me and to any normal decent person that the cop killing that poor man is horrendous. Didn't think I would have to mention it.

Nothing I have said insinuated that showing up at a protest with guns is acceptable, regardless of race. How in the world did you get that out of what I wrote?

Cd, watched them in Dallas last night as well. I'm watching live now from Minneapolis . The cop that killed the guy has 17 complaints against him for similar injustices. 3rd degree murder..... Sounds like a cop out to me.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom