Recipe Mish Mash Lasagna

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
6:08 AM
I had to go into work early today for a wasted meeting. Since it wasn't busy I was able to leave early. I thought I would give my hand at making lasagna. Colleen makes a fantastic lasagna. No way could I replicate that. I decided to go a different direction.

Ingredients

• 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 chopped zuke
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
  • Thyme
  • parsley
  • black pepper
  • 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts chopped (I used the juice)
  • fresh spinach, a lot lol. Not sure how much
  • 1 jar of basil tomato alfredo sauce
  • 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 (4 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes, or until onion is tender-crisp. Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil. Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in alfredo sauce.
  3. Spread 1/4 of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 uncooked noodles. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over noodles. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
  4. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, and bake 15 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting

I got the base recipe off of allrecipes.com. Then I tweaked the hell out of it.

Oh, when I was in the cupboards looking for seasonings I found a jar of canned, ground venison. I added that as well (it is already cooked).

I forgot to take pictures while I was prepping it. I will take some when its done.

I couldn't do three full layers of noodles. I didn't have enough sauce.

20180605_164017.jpg

It was pretty good. Something different anyways. Some things I would change.

1. Less broth. It was a touch runnier than I would like
2. add a layer of ricotta cheese
3. fresh herbs. I didn't have any, and they were more than I wanted to spend.

I'm impressed that you were able to make a lasagna with a sort of winging it approach someone might take with a soup. There are things here that I wouldn't have thought of putting together, but I really like the idea of artichoke hearts, spinach, and alfredo sauce.

Back
Top Bottom