Miso Ideas?

Local time
6:30 AM
I have some white miso paste in the fridge that I bought because I wanted to try a recipe.....but I've since forgotten which recipe it was :oops:
Whilst of course I can search online for other recipes to try, I'd really like to hear from you what are your favourite tried & tested miso recipies. The only stipulation is no nuts or fish/seafood.

So, let's hear them :D

I've been using it a great deal since my son turned vegan - now he has left home I'm still using it. Its great for adding that umami flavouring. I think I may have a recipe or two on the forum but I need to look.

Miso chicken is good. There are tons of different ways of doing it but basically you marinade the skin on thighs or breasts in a mix of miso, soy, mirin , sometimes sesame oil then grill or oven bake. Or you can smother a whole chicken in mix and roast.

No recipe - but easy to do: Tofu marinated in chilli sauce and 5-spice then fried and added to black beans, mushrooms and cabbage in miso, soy sauce, vegetable stock and sesame oil. Served with noodles.

fullsizeoutput_3d3b.jpeg

Miso soup comes to mind. Maybe lettuce wraps on the side?

Miso dressing? Maybe over stir-fried bok choy.

Thanks all - some great suggestions here :D

miso is potent stuff...
From what I've read white miso is the gentlest one, so

No recipe - but easy to do: Tofu marinated in chilli sauce and 5-spice then fried and added to black beans, mushrooms and cabbage in miso, soy sauce, vegetable stock and sesame oil. Served with noodles.
That sounds like a good basic recipe where I could substitute the tofu with whatever lean meat I have to hand :okay:

Miso broiled salmon is really good.

Miso, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Marinate, broil, top with sesame seeds.
That does sound nice, I'll have to remember that for the next time hubby is away (he's the one who doesn't eat fish). Or maybe I could do him a version with another meat whilst I have the salmon version. :hungry:

I just really wish I could remember what recipe it was that prompted me to buy it in the first place! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom