Miss Iceland 2015, told she is too fat for beauty pageant, now drops out

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
6:56 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Miss Iceland 2015, has reportedly been told that she was too fat to win Miss Grand International, a beauty pageant in Las Vegas.

She remarked (http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2016/10/22/miss_iceland_2015_is_too_fat_says_beauty_contest/)

“Yes, my shoulders are a bit broader than the other girls’ but that is because I was a member of the Icelandic national athletics team and I am proud of that.”
“Of course, I don’t take these comments to heart, but to do my best then hear this… Personally, I think I’m fine as I am.”

She has since withdrawn from the content and has commented that she will not be taking part in any more. (http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/n...contest_tries_to_force_fat_miss_iceland_to_r/)

“I intend to stand up for myself, women everywhere and the Icelandic people. I will not let them tell me I am too fat to look good on stage. I have quit. I will not be taking part in Miss Grand International.”

Good on you kid.

Arna Ýr Jónsdóttir is 20 years old and from Reykjavik. She has taken part in gymnastics for 10 years and has earned herself a spot on the Icelandic national team as a pole vaulter when she was 15 years old. What do you think? Can clearly you can't combine modelling with anything else, especially a healthy lifestyle, but does anyone here actually think she is too fat? I certainly don't.

Mine would continue but that has to wait until my ribs have healed and I am out of the pneumonia risk... healing has to come just as high and my weight is in the normal category, but my back would benefit from more being lost in the long run. I have already lost somewhere around 12-15kg since the beginning of the year... not sure now, I can't remember.

Mine would continue but that has to wait until my ribs have healed and I am out of the pneumonia risk... healing has to come just as high and my weight is in the normal category, but my back would benefit from more being lost in the long run. I have already lost somewhere around 12-15kg since the beginning of the year... not sure now, I can't remember.
That's good!

Back
Top Bottom